Anyone who's been in a similar boat?

Options
Colt45915
Colt45915 Posts: 31 Member
I'll be 25 on the 12th of May and have 60+ lbs. to lose. My starting weight was 367, I'm down to 301.5 now. I have no confidence in myself at all. I'm just wondering if anyone's been in a similar boat that could add me and share tips/ help me along the way?

Replies

• AlyAlyAlyboo
    AlyAlyAlyboo Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My bday is May 11th!! And I can say that you're a fab friend, I'm glad we connected
  • willburpeeforcookie
    willburpeeforcookie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I've got 100lbs to loose, it's hard to stay motivated with such big numbers. I try to make small goals for myself and take it one day at a time! Best of luck! Feel free to add me!
  • tink8202
    tink8202 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is hard but definitely start by saying I will lose 15 pounds than the big number.. once you reach that do it again it tricks your mind so you dont get discouraged... good luck
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I agree and am still learning the lesson that I need to break ultimate goal up into small chunks. I need to lose 150lb seems scary but I need to lose 10lb seems manageable. Just focus on the next mini goal and take it one day at a time.
  • clairelouisekaa
    clairelouisekaa Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have lost 8 stone 4lbs so far and it has been tough, physically I am not fat but mentally I am still - confidence can be a massive issue !!!!
  • notkaseykasem
    notkaseykasem Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Set small goals. The big picture is scary. Reward yourself when you hit your goals! You CAN do it!
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    AlyAlyAlyboo Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I love the positivity in this thread! :) anyone above can add me if it works for you :)
  • DennisA70
    DennisA70 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I think we all at some point have struggled with confidence and self-worth. Weight loss can seen like an insurmountable tasks, but it is all about the small steps. Showing to yourself that you can lose the weight (which you already have) is a big step. You can do it. We all believe you can. You can add me if you like, I have about 50 lbs to go yet, so we can cheer each other on.
  • Sunshaun
    Sunshaun Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have been doing a really good job already, congrats :) I wish it was only 60 pounds I had to lose but I take it one day at a time. I am down about 14 pounds since Febuary. I kinda just jacked off the whole month of March and got it back on track the first of April. I didn't cut out all the carbs but I cut them back. I'll have a couple slices of bread here or some brown rice there. Traded pasta for spiraled zucchini and carrots. Traded mashed potatoes for mashed couliflower (hopefully I spelled that right lol). I have worked my way up to 30 minutes a day 6 days a week but would like to get up to 45, which is a struggle I'm glad to make it to the 30. Hope some of these can help if you haven't tried them already.

Love yourself <3
  • Colt45915
    Colt45915 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the words of encouragement guys. I truly appreciate it. I'm gonna call around(or at least have my Dad call)to a couple of gyms today to see about getting a personal trainer to help me get the rest of this unwanted weight off and help me get in shape. You guys think it'd be worth it, or would I be better off doing things on my own?
  • NasMax
    NasMax Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Colt45915 wrote: »
    I'll be 25 on the 12th of May and have 60+ lbs. to lose. My starting weight was 367, I'm down to 301.5 now. I have no confidence in myself at all. I'm just wondering if anyone's been in a similar boat that could add me and share tips/ help me along the way?

Hey mate,

you'll find a ton of men very similar to yourself at http://talk.manvfat.com/