New first time breastfeeding mother needs to shed 40lbs anyone with me ?

Options
Hi all ,

I have already lost 120 lbs and weigh 218 but I want to lose another 40lbs but can't cut calories too low because im breastfeeding my 4 month old son. looking to stick to 1800 cals. anyone like to buddy up ? xx

Replies

• meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Patience as in 2 months your little one will start some other food and decrease the breastfeeding some. At least you won't be the sole food source.

Way to go on the 120 lb lost. That is a huge success.
    Can you start a gentle walking program -perhaps carrying the wee one?
  • nadel2016
    nadel2016 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello :)
    I am still breastfeeding my 10 month old. I lost 30lbs and still need to lose 40lbs.
    I love to eat so it's very hard for me.... I try to walk every day to get some exercise.
    You lost already so much that's very impressive!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Hi all ,

I have already lost 120 lbs and weigh 218 but I want to lose another 40lbs but can't cut calories too low because im breastfeeding my 4 month old son. looking to stick to 1800 cals. anyone like to buddy up ? xx

Are you losing currently? If yes, keep doing what you are doing. If not, start slowly cutting calories. Your supply will not suffer at all from being in a small deficit. Just do not do anything drastic, cut something like 200 calories, not 1000. And of course be patient.