For those women who have lost 50+ lbs.....

Options
Tell me a little bit about how you did it, like any tips and how much did you exercise, any food recommendations? Would love to hear about your success!!! :)

Replies

• flems629
    flems629 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am not quite up to 50lbs yet losrt about 40 and half way there. I have exercised mainly walking or elliptical on average 3 days a week and stuck to my calorie goal. I put in to lose a pound a week but probaly am closer to 1.5 a week due to be a bit below cals most days. I have a few cheat days a month usually planned for when we have weddings or parties on
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm at 70 lbs lost now. I started by reading a lot about eating healthy and then spent over 3 hours at a couple of different grocery stores reading labels to find healthy foods that I like and will continue to eat permanently. I had a few health issues and had to wait about 6 weeks after I started eating healthy before I got the ok from my dr to start exercising. I started by just walking around a mall and worked up to walking 4 to 6 miles every morning at a park with a lot of hills. I'm in week 8 of c25k and have also started surfing with my son and doing tae Bo videos on the days I don't run or surf. I think the keys for me are being consistent with both eating and exercise and making it a high priority in my life.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    55lbs since I joined MFP in Oct and 99lbs total for me!!! My best success has come from eating back around half of my exercise cals (avg cals 1250-1300/day), watching my sodium and fiber intake, drinking at least 8 cups of water/day, and working out 4-5days/wk of mostly cardio and some strength. Now that I am at the end...it's a diff story...and I'll letcha know when I figure it out!! LOL
  • JenniferVegas
    JenniferVegas Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Cutting out the liquid calories is major. I was surprised at how many calories were in flavored coffees, energy drinks, and soda.

Having a way to build up calories credits is great. I have a treadmill in the house so if I eat too much I can just jump on there for a while.

Almost 50 pounds lost and that's what did it for me (besides food tracking of course).