Replies

• Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I only drink processed water
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Here is a quick thought. Look at the ingredients of 'low fat' cheese and look at the ingredients of proper cheese. I think there are about 50 more ingredients in low fat. That can't be right.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    The bigger issue is that low fat cheese is not good (IMO).
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Here is a quick thought. Look at the ingredients of 'low fat' cheese and look at the ingredients of proper cheese. I think there are about 50 more ingredients in low fat. That can't be right.

I don't care how many ingredients a product has, but low fat cheese is usually nasty soooo...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

I don't care how many ingredients a product has, but low fat cheese is usually nasty soooo...

Turns out it's not true. I don't eat low fat cheese (because why would you? I'm very picky about cheese), but I checked Sargento low fat cheddar just out of curiosity and the ingredients are:

Pasteurized Reduced Fat Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes, Annatto (Vegetable Color), Vitamin A Palmitate.

Hmm.
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options

I prefer farm made to lab made.
  • PaigeInTechnicolor
    PaigeInTechnicolor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Agree with nutritional yeast, if added to something, scratches the cheese itch.

Also, a fan of goat cheese... I add to grilled portabella caps, and it is very satisfying.

And yes, eat the cheese. Always.
  • kristieshannon
    kristieshannon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Mm mm...cheese! Beecher's Flagship and Cougar Gold aged white cheddar are my favorites. I'll never give them up! However, I weigh my portions and eat it in moderation.