HAS ANYONE.....

Options
Has anyone ever done water fasting or the master cleanse? Do they really work?

Replies

• nikiluvsmikayla
    Options
    Has anyone ever done water fasting or the master cleanse? Do they really work?
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Not healthy. I wouldn't do it unless my doctor told me it was necessary for some life-saving procedure...
  • lreichelt
    Options
    the stuff you drink for the master cleanse tastes absolutely disgusting i almost puked the first day. And you gain it all back afterwards anyways i'm sure. its totally not worth it.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    If fixes like that worked there wouldn't be an obesity problem. Plain as that.
  • skinnymac
    skinnymac Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, Niki. I did Master Cleanse after tons of research. I lost about 10 pounds and felt great. My family members also did it and lost 15 pounds on average, although they did it to clean out their systems, not to lose weight. I did gain mine back eventually only because I didn't eat good, clean food, plain and simple. I got used to the lemonade drink; didn't think it was that bad at all.

I know you'll find people who love it and think it's healthy, and you'll find an equal number who hate it or think it's unhealthy. Just thought I'd let you know I did it and followed it to the very end with no adverse side effects. I have no desire to do it again, altho my sons, brothers, husband all have done it more than once and will again. I'd recommend you you research it thoroughly, though, before you do it (buy the little book on their website and read their forum).