Volunteer firefighter

Options
Hello there!! I'm new to this app. My name is Sara. I've been a volunteer firefighter for almost five years. People who know me are shocked that I'm able to handle this being the size that I am. Im quite small. Today it hit me really hard about the way that I look. I hate it. I want to gain more weight, and muscle. I'm hoping to join the emergency service as I'm finishing my first year of nursing school (really wasn't for me). If anyone wants to support me, help me or even encourage me. Please! I need some sort of guidance. I love my country! Canada rocks and Alberta is forever in my heart <3

Replies

• nojuicejustjin_
    nojuicejustjin_ Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Firstly, thank you for your service!

Secondly, you're in the right place :) welcome, Sara!
  • Thomasbyrd88
    Thomasbyrd88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Sara I am a firefighter as well and am also new to this app. Best of luck to you on your career endeavor. It's a tough field to get into. But it sounds like you're a driven person, and I'm sure you'll do quite well.
  • hodnettsara
    hodnettsara Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you both very very much!! I do appreciate it. I'm hoping this app can help me reach that goal in becoming healthier.
  • ZiggySquish
    ZiggySquish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hey Sara, I was searching through the community on firefighting posts just to get some inspiration from other female volunteers, how have you been doing? Is this app helping you?