So Disappointed in Myself, Can Anyone Relate?

Options
monanavat
monanavat Posts: 2 Member
edited May 2016 in Motivation and Support
Today is Mother's Day so my family and I went to Olive Garden. I ate a dish that was over 1,000 calories. The sad part is that I was going to order a dish that was only 350 calories but I chose the other dish instead. I've gotten used to eating 1,330 calories per day so I felt really full for several hours. I still felt full when I bought a Starbucks venti latte, a banana nut bread, and two cake pops. Still, I ate them. Now I'm at 3,100 calories. I'm 400 calories away from eating a whole pound worth of calories. I'm so upset at myself because this was such a good week. I was eating clean, staying hydrated, and I just felt good. I always have to go and sabotage my own efforts. I don't know why I do this to myself because it's not the first time. I'm so sad right now. I was trying to repair the damage from the Olive Garden dish by drinking loads of water and walking. I was feeling better so I don't know why I had to go eat more. I feel sick. I just needed to vent because I don't have anyone I can talk to about this. I feel so alone in this journey sometimes. Thanks to anyone who read this all the way through.

Replies

• CandissAurea1
    CandissAurea1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I understand. I ate Famous Daves today and totally misread the calorie counts so I had 2300 calories in one sitting!!! I feel terrible. I walked 3 miles and I'm still over.
  • briancorcoran84
    briancorcoran84 Posts: 33 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I understand your frustration. I ate at Texas Road House and went over my budget by almost 1000 calories. I also walked about 2 miles hoping to cut some of the calories... but I'm still over by almost 800.
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I understand I usually do not eat any kind of crackers or bread because I am on a low carb diet and glueting free but we went to Bob Eveans tonight and I ate a bisquet now have a really bad headache and am kicking myself as well. But I just keep telling myself tomorrow is another day. L>adies we all slip just get right back up tomorrow and get right back on track and write your self an apology and do not let today sabatoge all your hard work just think of it as a lesson learned. The next time you eat out pre plan and bring half of the dish home next time
  • monanavat
    monanavat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your encouraging messages. I wasn't expecting anyone to reply so your support really means a lot. We can do this! Tomorrow is a new day and I'm excited for all of us to reach our goals :smile:
  • tanyajensen75
    tanyajensen75 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I do this a lot. :( I always feel so horrible afterwards, but tomorrows another day and all though I am losing very slowly, I know it will stay off forever this time as I learn better eating habits! I have been really trying (I mean giving my all) to lose weight since November 2015 and have had lots of ups and downs, but I have lost 25lbs so far! I know we can do this as long as we don't give up!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    It is Mother's Day. You'll be ok.
  • lampshade101
    lampshade101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, I was on track today and had all my meals planned out! I would have eaten the right amount of calories but I didn't want to be the only one in my family not to have a slice of birthday cake, so I had one. This started a binge that ended with a half a bag of chips. You're not alone!! Let's do better tomorrow!
  • britishbeau
    britishbeau Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just remember how bad you feel now and use it next time you want to eat that.

I know how you feel though, im going out next mon and we had to pre order our meals, the advantage is i know my meal is 1000 cals, and its only a seafood medley! it was the best thing on the menu, atleast i can prepare for the rest of the day.

Its just one day, you pick yourself up and move on.
  • Berkgal33
    Berkgal33 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I completely understand! A good friend diagnosed with cancer stopped by work yesterday, and loves the pizza from across the street, so we shared some. Then my daughter in law to be made a fried chicken dinner (I rarely eat fried anything) complete with mashed potatoes, homemade biscuits and cake. Guess who HAD to have everything? This girl. Lol. Logged it all, 3200 calories for the day. Most I have eaten in almost 5 months. I am headed to the gym, and am trying not to beat myself up. It is just one day in a life of many days. Be kind to yourself and get with program today!
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    I think most of us have had days like this and can understand your disappointment. What is important is what you do next, because these things will happen. Each meal/day is a new chance to get right back on track. Don't be too hard on yourself - learn from this and maybe think about what you could do differently next time (if you choose). Losing and maintaining that loss is a lifelong journey, there will be setbacks, but you need to put it behind and move forward.
  • Jewelsfla
    Jewelsfla Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I couldn't empathize more, and had to check and make sure it wasn't me who wrote the original post! I also went COMPLETELY overboard yesterday. I described it to my husband as being happy and feeling free to eat whatever I wanted, but then I was eating just for the sake of eating, and felt full the majority of the day. Then a large amount of fear washed over me as I considered the possibility that I'd never be able to control myself again.

I'm SO CLOSE to my goal and feel like yesterday very well could have set me back a few weeks after YEARS of weight loss. I'm glad to see such a supportive community on MFP. It's a helpful knowing we aren't alone in this.
  • Boricua914
    Boricua914 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is a journey. When I get bummed over eating too many calories, I'm learning to remind myself to look at the greater picture... it's a journey and I hope you continue to run, jump and hop on yours.
  • tpharis68
    tpharis68 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat....went out for Mother's Day Dinner, with wine and dessert so I was also wrecked with guilt. I did some self-loathing but as everyone above said - today is another day. The sun did come up so the world didn't end. It helps me re-focus on what to eat this week to have a terrific week and put it behind me and move forward.