Fat, sick nearly dead

Options
viren19890
viren19890 Posts: 778 Member
I've noticed how detox and all similar diets are hated with passion.

Did you guys see this movie? What do you guys think of it?

I feel like most of the problems were gone away because they lost weight and diet want culprit instead obesity.

Replies

• ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Sales pitch for Joe's products.

Pretty much this.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Surely with 400 posts you must have seen this torn to shreds :)
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Dude has an inspiring story and things to sell.
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Didn't he get fat again?
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot-it-and-how-to-avoid-it/

This might be helpful to you, OP. There's also a discussion in the comments about that movie.
  • viren19890
    Options
    Ok thanks everyone. I really didn't think he would be selling anything. Considering main product is juice and can be made at home.

LOL once upon a time I also tried juice diet and lost weight but only did for 3 days and the week after gained it right back.

So many testimonials and reviews and all that for a product damn
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Didn't he get fat again?

Like most everyone else, yep.
  • JenRainbow1
    JenRainbow1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Detox is not real. Your body naturally does this so there is no need to detox it's just another fad
  • viren19890
    Options
    I agree but only reason I posted about this movie was due to the fact that everything seemed just so real.

I guess most problems go away once you get in healthy weight zone -plus if it's too good to be true it probably is false lol
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Did you ever see the movie the movie "Jaws"? That seemed real too! I grew up at a beach town and whenever some yelled shark! everyone left the water! Lol.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    There is a 2nd movie. That all get fat again and then have to"detox" again. Over and over and over. Serious yo-yo dieting.
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    lol @ "Jaws"...
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Star Wars seemed so real the first time I watched it too.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

You mean it isn't????
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Don't fall into the "fad" diet trap. We've got so many new posters that are convinced it will "jump start" their diets (because now they are going to get serious--lol). Some of them insist they're going to do it anyway, and you know what? They never come back to tell us how it went. Testimonials to success on detoxes is pretty much 0, and especially long term success. What does that tell you?
  • JenRainbow1
    JenRainbow1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    viren19890 wrote: »
    I agree but only reason I posted about this movie was due to the fact that everything seemed just so real.

I guess most problems go away once you get in healthy weight zone -plus if it's too good to be true it probably is false lol

Exactly!
    There are too many people and brands making claims for weight loss that sounds so good. Even on regular products not related to weight loss and it's annoying because they are usually lying. In the case of weight loss unless it's backed by actual science and doctors I don't believe it. Good to see that everyone is on the same page here :) I hate to sound like a dictator or know it all as I'm really not
  • cariduttry
    cariduttry Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    personally, i was inspired by the movie. not necessarily to start juicing, but by the human component and watching joe and the other guy turn their lives around. it might have been post-pregnancy hormones, but it got me in the feels back in 2011!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Was that before or after it came out on Blu Ray?