Has anyone ever tried the 10 Day Smoothie Cleanse

Options
I am starting the 10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse and I wanted to know if anyone has ever tried it before? If so, did it work for you? Do you have any advice or tips? Thanks!

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Cleanses don't work.
  • cadpro78
    cadpro78 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I had an oatmeal like smoothie for breakfast today....I got it ready overnight in fridge and ate/drink it in the morning. But no I haven't tried the green smoothie cleanse.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it. Quick fix gimmicks like that are not effective. The best thing to do is establish healthy eating behaviors, an intense workout regime, and to do that consistently over time. Think long term sustainability and you'll do great!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    What makes it a "cleanse"? What is it claiming to do?

Do you get adequate protein and healthy fats?

I generally prefer eating foods, but smoothies can make a tasty breakfast.
  • mrshorner23
    mrshorner23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tried it, however, it was certainly difficult to chalk down some days. It does work, however you are soo hungry towards the end that it's really hard not to binge for a week afterwards. Good Luck! :)
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Cleanses don't work.

Did you try it? That is what she is asking for, opinions from those that HAVE tried it and if it worked for THEM.
    I have never done a "cleanse" of any kind, because I have done my research and what I found is that they don't do anything for you that your body cannot already do, however, the OP is NOT asking for our opinions just the opinions of those that have.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    No and I won't ever be. Cleanses hmm...don't get me started...sigh! LOL
  • richardsonkeeshma73
    richardsonkeeshma73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the input and advice. I am really looking for something to jumpstart my weight loss and detox my body. But like someone said up top there is no quick fix and I definitely want my weight loss to be a permanent thing.
  • Simplifi
    Simplifi Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    If you want it to be permanent do it by the numbers and be patient. It's the only way. Deprivation diets will always fail and can hurt you.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried cleanses of any kind. Thats because I read they don't work. Evidently your body cleanses itself! Who would have thunk it?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    marm1962 wrote: »
    Cleanses don't work.

Did you try it? That is what she is asking for, opinions from those that HAVE tried it and if it worked for THEM.
    I have never done a "cleanse" of any kind, because I have done my research and what I found is that they don't do anything for you that your body cannot already do, however, the OP is NOT asking for our opinions just the opinions of those that have.

Yeah. OK.

I don't need to try crack to know it's bad for me. Just like I don't need to try any "cleanse" to know that they don't work. But keep doing you.

Yup. Neither cleanses nor crack are any good for long-term weight loss. My auntie is a crack addict and she's gone waaaay up and down in weight all my life, but has never kept it off, and has never not been morbidly obese. I definitely don't reccommend the crack, though I haven't tried it.

Juice and smoothies are just food. Overeat/drink them, you won't have any success. Starve yourself on them and you'll likely lose an impressive amount of weight in a short time and then go cuckoo and eat the whole kitchen. Incorporate them into a balanced, calorie-controlled diet (but only if you actually like them. They don't actually do anything special for weight loss) and you will be more likely to enjoy lasting success if you keep at it.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the input and advice. I am really looking for something to jumpstart my weight loss and detox my body. But like someone said up top there is no quick fix and I definitely want my weight loss to be a permanent thing.

Jumpstarting weight loss is not a thing. People who say this seem to be looking for a couple of different things:

(1) Some want really fast losses at first to get motivated. If this is you, be aware that fast loss is common at first no matter what you do, as you lose a bunch of water weight when first changing the diet/eating in a deficit. But focusing on fast water losses isn't really the right frame of mind. Try to refocus on a consistent, sustainable loss for the period necessary to get to goal, or else you are setting yourself up to quit once you stall a bit.

(2) Some think -- due to false information -- that the body needs to be jolted or tricked into weight loss mode from some extreme diet. This is simply not true. The body will lose weight from a calorie deficit, period, unless you have a medical problem you should see a doctor about.

As for "detoxing," your body is not full of toxins unless there's something wrong with your internal organs, and why would drinking fruits and veg in smoothie form "detox" anything anyway? Again, this is bad information that is for some reason a trendy buzzword now. If you think you could feel better with a better diet, that might well be true -- the answer is simply eating a healthful diet. Anyone who talks about detoxing or cleanses or the like is not to be trusted and should be avoided.
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I do juicing "cleanses" twice a year. I don't do them for the weight loss- although it is a nice perk. I do it because my body gets weighed down so much from lack of nutrition and crap food that I need a reset. I eat well and I STILL need this reset. Every time I do it, I feel amazing afterwards. So, while my opinion may not line up with what everyone here says, I say try it. It's 10 days, and if it doesn't work for you, then you lived and learned. There are a lot of fad diets out there and unfortunately this falls into that category because people are looking for a quick fix. I think there are worst diets out there than pumping your body full of vitamins :)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I do juicing "cleanses" twice a year. I don't do them for the weight loss- although it is a nice perk. I do it because my body gets weighed down so much from lack of nutrition and crap food that I need a reset. I eat well and I STILL need this reset. Every time I do it, I feel amazing afterwards. So, while my opinion may not line up with what everyone here says, I say try it. It's 10 days, and if it doesn't work for you, then you lived and learned. There are a lot of fad diets out there and unfortunately this falls into that category because people are looking for a quick fix. I think there are worst diets out there than pumping your body full of vitamins :)

No, to basically all of this.

Specifically regarding the bold: you "reset" your body, due to lack of nutrition, by not providing proper nutrition to your body?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

The only time you need a detox is if you're addicted to drugs or alcohol and then it should be done in a professional setting not with smoothies.

You say you don't want a quick fix and want permanent weight loss - so skip the fad nonsense. Buy a food scale, start tracking your food accurately and if you want a smoothie now and then go for it, but don't think it possesses any magical weight loss powers. Good luck!