how'd you do on calories for mothers day?

Options
my son took me to olive garden, where i ordered a child's plate of pasta with prima vera, but i did have two small plates of salad, as well. because i woke up so late, i didn't go over on calories, but it was the most food i've eaten in a sitting in ages, so it was a close thing.

so moms who were taken out or cooked for, the kids or dads who took moms out for mothers' day, how'd you do?

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I asked to cook for myself. Since red meat is so high in calories I have to plan for it carefully and don't do it very often. I wanted a steak! Had a delicious meal and came in under.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    I put down just over 1600 calories today (still well into deficit) in eggs'n'cheese, breakfast sausage, a touch of cream in a couple coffees (plus black coffees), bunless double cheeseburger with grilled bacon and raspberries with whipped cream (plain cream whipped without sugar is still super decadent). Happy mother's day to me!
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    both sound yummy - happy mothers day to you both :)
  • 10ssmith
    10ssmith Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Horrible. Plus I'm sick
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Nothing exciting on calories, but went over on fat for the day. Went to see the newest Avengers movie (really good...better than the last) and had a few handfuls of popcorn, nothing special lunch, grilled burger w/corn on the cob and strawberries w/whipped cream for dinner. :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Mothers day for me was 2 months ago..... :smiley:
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    hahahahahaha.....ahahahahahaha
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    It was a pretty ordinary day. It was rainy and dh had to work. I made lunch and dinner for everyone like normal. I had a granola bar for breakfast, tuna sandwich, yogurt, blueberries and pretzel sticks for lunch and pasta with broccoli and alfredo sauce with a piece of garlic bread for dinner and some carrots with ranch dressing for a snack. I was given some fancy popcorn as a gift and ate some of that too. With exercise I came in under my calories.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I picked brunch at my favorite restaurant. Ate about 1200 calories (bagel with cream cheese, salad, fruit, bit of bread, chicken with roasted potatoes, and a couple mini desserts), so I still had 600 calories for dinner and pretty much stuck to my goal... Also had a great workout. Probably netted 1100 calories.

The only thing I'm disappointed in is that it was a special brunch menu so I couldn't order my favorite dessert! But yeah, for me the key to sticking to my calories is to have the special meals at lunch or earlier.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    My best guess for yesterday was 2,872 calories (700 over maintenance for the day, but it's okay I was only about 100 over maintenance for the week...I planned :laugh: )

We met my mom and brother at the Science Center which was a blast for my boys. Then we went to Fitz to eat. I have no clue how many calories were in the burger I ate, but I did stick to diet soda. Although now I wish I hadn't, because I don't know the next time I'll get to go there again. My oldest enjoyed seeing the soda being bottled and labeled while we were sitting there eating. It was pretty cool and I got a little gift when I left:
    l6yntdn27h23.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    My best guess for yesterday was 2,872 calories (700 over maintenance for the day, but it's okay I was only about 100 over maintenance for the week...I planned :laugh: )

We met my mom and brother at the Science Center which was a blast for my boys. Then we went to Fitz to eat. I have no clue how many calories were in the burger I ate, but I did stick to diet soda. Although now I wish I hadn't, because I don't know the next time I'll get to go there again. My oldest enjoyed seeing the soda being bottled and labeled while we were sitting there eating. It was pretty cool and I got a little gift when I left:
    l6yntdn27h23.jpg

You are in St Louis? Me too! Fitz's is fun but the food is usually just ok. I'm also not a big root beer float person but my kids love it and isn't that what matters on Mother's Day? ;)
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I would have been right at my target calories but we went to Dairy Queen and I really wanted a Peanut Buster Parfait so I had one. I had calories left over from my long bike ride Saturday though so it should all even out.
  • serenity1097
    serenity1097 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I was naughty for breakfast & gave in to my daughters request for McDonalds for breakfast, but managed to keep it under 500 calories for a breakfast sandwich & coffee. She cooked me a yummy dinner of grilled chicken & tossed salad though to make up for it, even combined with a couple glasses of wine I was able to keep my day under my allotted calorie count B) Happy Belated Mothers Day!!!
  • sparrish531
    sparrish531 Posts: 499 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Have not counted (need to get that habit back) but cooked steamed shrimp, snow peas from the garden, and vegan mashed potatoes (pretty low on calories as far as potatoes go). Guessing maybe 650 cals for dinner.
  • Pam_1965
    Pam_1965 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My kiddos did not come home for Mother's Day and my mom lives 3000 miles away. SAD. BUT I went out to dinner with friends. I went for a 6 mile run in the morning, so Olive Garden was pretty much free rein for me. I had the lunch serving of Ravioli di Portebello, minestrone soup, 2 plain bread sticks and a 20 oz Shock Top beer. Stayed under calories, even though I am slightly up this morning on my scale. Salt, I am assuming.
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    We went out for brunch as well ice cream later in the day. I was about 350 calories over - thought I was more (didn't log it until this morning).
    Happy Belated Mother's Day to all :)
  • healthykaitlin
    healthykaitlin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    We had Mother's Day dinner on Saturday.. Hibachi. My bf & I always get the hibachi for 2... A little filet mignon, lobster tail, chicken, shrimp, & scallops... I passed on the rice & noodles & just focused on protein & extra veg, also had about 1/2 my salad & a miso soup. Was under cals in food but went a little over due to Sapporo, scorpion bowls, & a few other beverages