How accurate is the "if every day was like today..." thing?

Options
Is it true? Will I weight 195 in 5 weeks?

Replies

• _CLEAN_
    _CLEAN_ Posts: 6
    Options
    Stick with it and see.:wink:
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    It depends on whether or not your metabolism is normal, your portion estimates are accurate, and your tracking of food & exercise is complete. If all of those are true, then it's pretty close.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    It's kind of hard to duplicate the same day everyday but if everyday was like today yes more than likely you will weight that. I've found that it is for the most part pretty accurate. Stick with it and you will do great:)!
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    It's pretty close, but remember it is assuming your weight is what you entered on your last weigh-in day. I am only weighing once a month, so it is about 3 weeks behind (or off) today, for me. But since I know that, I know that in about TWO weeks I should weigh close to what it is telling me now.
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I've been keeping track of mine, and it's pretty close. I'm about a pound and a half heavier than it says I would be, but I know I have had some higher calorie days too.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I started keeping track on mine 5 weeks ago today. It says I will weight 75.5 today and I'm somewhere between 75 and 75.5 so for me, its pretty accurate.

It is purely based on numbers so if you eat the net cals MFP recommends and are reasonably accurate logging your food and exercise, then it's pretty likely.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    For me it's been fairly accurate. I'm usually right on target unless I've done some serious binging!

It's more fun than anything though, I wouldn't depend on it always being right though.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Not accurate at all, I usually ignore it. I almost always go over my calories, but I still lose weight steadily. That's because I eat more protein and fewer carbs, and also because of the way my metabolism works. Everyone is different. The idea that they have some magic formula that can predict how efficiently your individual body processes food and burns calories... it's really pretty ridiculous.
  • ChrisFA5
    ChrisFA5 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've also found it to be fairly accurate, but food wise I weigh every gram I put in.
  • Sunjenk
    Sunjenk Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Bump, Does anyone else have thoughts? Curious :D