how'd you do on calories for mothers day?

Options

Replies

• sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Over targeted deficit, under maintenance, macros missed
  • cariduttry
    cariduttry Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i had awful food (lunch was a DQ banana split), but stayed under my calories by the skin of my teeth and was 0.2 pounds down this morning. i'll take it!
  • thejadegirl
    thejadegirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I went over a little bit - maybe 400 calories. Had a huge breakfast, didn't eat lunch (breakfast was so late by the time we got our food, and I was STUFFED), and then we ordered out for dinner. It definitely wasn't the healthiest food, but I tried not to go too far overboard (while telling myself I could treat myself a little bit!)

Though my husband bought me some nice chocolate I haven't broken into yet ;)
  • kathygk56
    kathygk56 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If my lunch estimate was correct, or a decent guesstimate, I was well within my calorie goal. I was checking my calories mid afternoon while we were discussing what to have for dinner and I mentioned that I had about 300 calories left, which was plenty for a light meal. My daughter took a peek at my diary and pointed out that I had not only had entered my small serving of ice cream twice, I had doubled the serving size. She offered to give me another 1.5 servings so I didn't have to edit my diary. Ha!
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Maintenance for me! Had a lot of delicious food yesterday except for one big disappointment: my chocolate stout did NOT taste like chocolate :(
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I went about 240 calories over and loved every single one. Had dinner at my favorite Burmese restaurant. That was then, this is now. Back on track.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    My young adult boys picked me up. We went to grocery store and they bought picnic food-with my input. Then we went on a three hour hike-and picnic. I realized my deficit was so large after supper that I had an ice cream bar.

All is well and the day was great. Hiking together we got a very good visit in without distractions.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,754 Member
    Options
    My meal was tasty but smaller than I expected.
    Seared tuna with sauteed spinach, a roasted tomato, and ONE shiitake ravioli
    I'm not asking for a whole plate of ravioli, but just one? Okay then...
    The waiter didn't ask us if we wanted dessert, so I figured I'd go without rather than asking him. Mom just got diagnosed with diabetes so she is now being careful anyways.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I kept to macros and my deficit because it wasn't worth it to me to be fooling around just because its Mother's Day when I still have over 20lbs to lose. Next year when I'm hopefully in maintenance will potentially be a different tale haha ;)
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    We had a Mother's Day bfast at church Saturday and then a family get together yesterday and I went over a bit on both days...not a ton but I'm up a lb of water weight this morning. Happy to get back to routine:)
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Eh, I didn't count but didn't do horrible. Did allow myself a few libations and a small bowl of Heavenly Hash for dessert. :)
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Is food the standard gift to give? Perhaps I'm giving the wrong gift on mother's day. I never give my mother food.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    My hubby and the kids took me out to Olive Garden too I did pretty bad on calories. I did stay under for the day but it was literally the only thing I was able to eat because my whole meal (and appetizer which I shouldn't have gotten) was my whole days worth of calories plus after I ate I felt like crap because I wasn't eating food that was fueling my body just whatever I wanted without worrying about what was in it. Don't get me wrong it did taste good but I don't think it was worth feeling like that but either way I'm not beating myself up about it because I enjoyed having a wonderful Mother's Day with my family and today is a new day!
  • courtneylykins5
    courtneylykins5 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I went over on Saturday and Sunday. Which was ok because sometimes that happens, but regretful because while I enjoyed the company and the break from kitchen duty, the food was only ok.
  • jonjaxmom
    jonjaxmom Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was right on plan all day.... until dinner's dessert. Knew that dinner was going to be tough, it was a birthday party at a place similar to a Buffalo Wild Wings. So I looked at the menu well ahead of time and picked out my stuff before I arrived, ordered, ate, and all was going well. And then...

the manager came over with complimentary mother's day treat. On the house a cookie pizza with ice cream, caramel hot fudge all over it. Not just one of them, but 3, one for each of the mom's there.

(enter the sound of pac-man getting eaten... wac wac) damn. I shared some of it, and it was beyond yummy.
    No worries. right back on track today.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    marm1962 wrote: »
    hahahahahaha.....ahahahahahaha
    Yeah, me too.