New fitness regime, any good?

Options
benrichie96
benrichie96 Posts: 5 Member
edited May 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey!
I'm currently 55kg and aiming to bulk out and get to around 65 to 70. Currently I don't really have time to get to a gym as I'm a student, but in a few months I will. Until then, my plan was to focus on bodyweight exercises combined with a few weights (I only have a 10kg dumbbell). As a result, this is what I came up with:
Monday
Squats
Plank

Tuesday
Press ups - wide, shuffle, diamond
Weights (bicep curls, triceps 3 sets of 10)

Wednesday
Lunges

Thursday
Squats
Weights

Friday
Plank

Saturday
Squats
Weights

Sunday
Lunges

I will of course couple this with my eating regime, I need 2700 a day to gain 0.5kg a week. I know cardio isn't greatly recommended for my goals, but I play ultimate Frisbee about 3 times a week.

Any help/feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Ben

Replies

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    "weights" is to generic to allow someone to comment. What "weights" do you do, what exercises, sets, reps. etc gives enough detail to comment on.

But, generally, you're 19 years old and until you get access to a gym I wold recommend Mark Lauren's body weight work outs as detailed in his "You Are Your Own Gym" program - this provides a structures, progressive body weight program.

Best wishes
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Where are your pull ups? You don't need to spread things out as much as you have. (Combine lunge day & squat day) Have some days where you are doing a harder variant of an exercise and other days where you are cranking them out and getting a bit more volume. Overall without knowing exactly what you are doing, it's hard to advise
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    You are your own gym is good, as is the reddit recommended bodyweight routine: https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Currently I don't really have time to get to a gym as I'm a student

false.