CHOCOLATE!!!

Options
I cannot seem to break my sugar cravings especially at night!!! I'm doing the Inferno Plan for Turbo Fire and although I was under my calories for it I ate 2 oreo cookies as my snack tonight! I really need to get this under control if I'm going to get any good results with this. Are there any healthy snacks that can substitute for the sugar craving?

Replies

• JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Try coffee with half & half and stevia. And when all else fails... pig out on brownies, ice-cream, fudge and caramel... but just a little. It won't kill you.
  • jenniferfelice
    Options
    I guess I should have mentioned I can't have caffeine (well the amount that's in coffee or tea) I have heart issues (undiagnosed) It's a long story....another post is needed for that!
  • JennieAL
    Options
    oops... well you are definitely all the better for it! try eating some bites of cheese, meat, pickles, and avocado at night.
  • jenniferfelice
    Options
    Thanks! I'll give that a try tomorrow night!
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    Try the new Newton fruit crisps Chocolate Raspberry cookies. You can have 3 for 140 cals.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Try some fruit instead. You will still be getting sugars but you are getting fibre and other nutrients too - a much better option than oreas :)
    I like grapes, cherries or mandarins as a snack as they come in little bite sized packages but are really sweet and yummy.
  • lily4u2
    lily4u2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I hear you on the craving!! Especially when it comes to *that time of the month*..............I usually have a little choccie each day until the craving goes, and it usually doesnt last that long. If you cant have caffine, perhaps a nice hot mug of a low-fat hot chocolate drink? Im not much for those, more of a coffee girl. I have recently discovered "chocolate spoons", a tiny teaspoon made of chocolate, that i will dip into my 2nd and last coffee of the night............they come in a package of both dark and milk chocolate spoons,, 48cals, and just what the doctor ordered! Other than that, I might have 2 "milky way" bars, frozen (so they last longer in my mouth)!! Thats about 114cals for the 2 milky way bars........... Hope that helps some...............:flowerforyou:
  • jenniferfelice
    Options
    Definitely doing some shopping tomorrow!

Another quick question...does anyone have hunger issues in the evening...I am always hungry at night and I've heard that you're not supposed to eat after 8pm but I am always hungry before bed (around 11) and end up having to eat something or else I can't sleep. I have even tried to eat around 8 but it never fails I am hungry at 11 :(
  • JennieAL
    Options
    Definitely doing some shopping tomorrow!

Another quick question...does anyone have hunger issues in the evening...I am always hungry at night and I've heard that you're not supposed to eat after 8pm but I am always hungry before bed (around 11) and end up having to eat something or else I can't sleep. I have even tried to eat around 8 but it never fails I am hungry at 11 :(

Ignore that and eat! No kidding. Your body goes by composition, not time.
  • jenniferfelice
    Options
    So I bought a couple boxes of Kashi granola bars that only has 2g of sugar...so I'm going to try them out tonight and see how that goes :) I also bought some instant oatmeal for breakfasts :)
  • newme1989
    newme1989 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    you could try a meringue nest not to many calories and gets rid of the sugar crave :0)
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You can also try Fiber one 90 calorie bars! Those taste really good as well
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    OMG, I am PMSie, I so could go for some chocolate....But, I wont. I haven't had any since 10/13/10. It is just easier to have none than a little for me. If I had a little, I would just crave more...But that is just me.:frown:
  • jenniferfelice
    Options
    me too! I bought a bag of dark chocolate covered almonds and once i start eating them I can't stop!!!
  • TexasGirl92
    TexasGirl92 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I take a banana put in in the freezer with some magic shell on it. Hummm I haven't done that in a while may need to stop a the grocery store and pick up some magic shell on the way home :wink:
  • cool_as_hel
    Options
    magic shell??? and i have a dairy milk little bar its only 100 kcals and its just enough, i have to go upstairs away from temtption x
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Coming from someone who would eat ~500 calories or more in candy per day until dieting I would recommend the following:

-cereal with high fiber
    -hot chocolate made with hot water
    -frozen fruit such as frozen mangos and cherries
    -sugarfree gum
    -yams (not too many though), with a little butter
    -fresh fruit

I hope this helps!!!