what else do I need to do??

Options
Ok can anyone answer this for me, I am eating at least 6 meals a day, taking in at least 3, 23.7oz bottles of water and I am working out at least 4 times a week, should I do anything else to get this thing going?? I joined this app on the 11th of June and I started back working out the 17th of April so I am trying to lose like 35 to 40 lbs. I did have to take a 8 day break last week because I had a procedure done to my arm that left a open hole and I had to wait for it to heal but I am healed and ready to go. I watched my food in take while I was not working out and I picked up about 2 lbs but anyways any helpful hints??

Replies

• bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It is hard to say without more information, but my initial guess would be to look to the types of food you are having. Are they quality, wholesome foods? Or are you just staying under your calorie count? The answer most likely lies within your food diary. With that said, your body may be holding on to fluids while you were going through the healing process.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you are doing and give it time. Log everything - calories in and exercise calories - and you will learn what you eat, what that food contains, and how to make substitutions and better choices. You can do this - you'll lose that weight!

Welcome to MFP!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Stay within your calories, don't go under by too much and if you do, don't do it consistently. Eat back what you burn off and drink MORE water. Do strength training as well as cardio.
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Most ppl say to eat back what u exercise, but I don't eat back all my calories, when I did I wasn't losing any weight. I had about 15 pounds to lose and I eat my 1200-1400 calories and try to burn off anywhere from 300-500.. more if I want an extra treat... with that method I have lost 5 pounds in the last 4 weeks. Balance out your foods through out the food pyramid......and make sure ur taking in each day at least ur BMR calories...
    Just my thoughts and what works for me.....
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    Make sure you measure yourself and take starting pictures. The scale isn't the only way to measure success. Do add weights and cardio,,lots of water. MFP is great for me and a lot of others, I'm sure you will do great. Add me if you would like and Good Luck!
  • misslyssa319
    misslyssa319 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    checking your measurements might make the difference. my scale didn't move for 2 weeks but a friend i hadn't seen in a while said he could see my shape was different! and how are your sleeping patterns? too little or too much can have an affect also. it will all come together sis!
  • ga_peach75
    ga_peach75 Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks!! I try to eat foods that are good for you fruit, yogurt, wheat bread, I have left the rice and heavy carbs alone but I will give it a shot thanks again
  • ga_peach75
    Options
    Thanks Sharon, I do my best at logging everything I eat now I lost the weight before like 2 years ago and it was really easy and came off fast I guess the older you get the harder it really is lol but I will keep at it Thanks :smile:
  • ga_peach75
    Options
    Thanks Arielle, I try not to take in too many carbs or to less for that matter but I will keep it up and I know I need more water huh :tongue: I will keep pushing though Thanks again!!
  • ga_peach75
    Options
    Thanks sharon f, good Ideas I work such a werid schedule so I try to get as much work out time on my off days, humm so I will do my best to burn more Cals when I work out ok I will try anything at this point because I really want to see a change in my body in a month Thanks again!!!
  • ga_peach75
    Options
    Thanks Keyleeblue, I think the scale is what upsets me the most because it don't move much...I took a pic a few months ago I will start doing that too now and measuring myself Thanks for the good advice!!!
  • ga_peach75
    Options
    Thanks Misslyssa...your right I look at myself all the time and I see no change...I don't get a lot of sleep when I work my four days on but my 4 days off I sleep like normal people do...I am not going to give up Thanks for keeping me motivated sis your great!!!