Tips fo getting rid of lower belly bulge

Options
Hi

Would love any tips on how to get rid of the lower belly bulge (Under belly button). I have lost 12.5 kg (27.5 pounds) and reached my original goal weight of 57 kg (125.6 pounds) I'm 5 2". I have set a new goal weight of 55kg (121 pounds) and hoping these last 2 kgs will be belly.
What worked or is working for you?

Replies

• Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Like you I am working on the belly. Not sure if it is working but I am doing crunchs...curl ups. Hope to see some progress soon.
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    cardio! and I love the ab ripper workout from p90x- but I find core workouts to help with overall sliming!... But the key is cardio- you cannot spot reduce... Happy Losing!
  • peacestar84
    peacestar84 Posts: 100
    Options
    I've heard but haven't gotten to the point of losing yet to try it...apparently you can target it with the reverse crunch.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Yep, no such that as spot reduction for fat. Just have to continue to diet and lose fat and it will eventually go away. People always have to get thinner than they ever expected when losing weight.

People always underestimate their fat mass, and overestimate their muscle mass.

Keep going until mirror says stop.
  • UDTsunamiSurfer
    UDTsunamiSurfer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've heard but haven't gotten to the point of losing yet to try it...apparently you can target it with the reverse crunch.

Reverse Crunch? Pray TELL!!! :happy:
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yup, no such thing as fat reduction. Don't waste too much time on crunches and ab workouts, spend more time burning overall fat.
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    cardio! and I love the ab ripper workout from p90x- but I find core workouts to help with overall sliming!... But the key is cardio- you cannot spot reduce... Happy Losing!

OMG I just checked out some of the p90x ab ripper workout. Wowzers that looks hard. But I sooo wanna do it!!
  • peacestar84
    peacestar84 Posts: 100
    Options
    Here are the directions to a reverse crunch

Lie on the floor and place hands on the floor or behind the head.
    Bring the knees in towards the chest until they're bent to 90 degrees, with feet together or crossed.
    Contract the abs to curl the hips off the floor, reaching the legs up towards the ceiling.
    Lower and repeat for 1-3 sets of 12-16 reps.
    It's a very small movement, so try to use your abs to lift your hips rather than swinging your legs and creating momentum.

http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises_7.htm

You can google it to find other descriptions.
  • B3h1ndgr33neyez
    B3h1ndgr33neyez Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't target fat in certain places, but cardio is the way to lose any fat--for at least 20 minutes a day!
  • coxy1968
    coxy1968 Posts: 77
    Options
    bump
  • dannidoc
    dannidoc Posts: 19
    Options
    sit ups
  • RaineEstrella
    Options
    I've heard that leg cycles are good but yeah I have found that after doing a lot of cardio I've lost a good amount of fat than before.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I have very tone abs and still some belly fat, Doing more exercise will help lose fat overall but you already know that the fat around our waists is the absolute last place we will lose body fat since its our natural fat storage warehouse. Sorry but there is no such thing as targeted fat loss.
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    following jillian micheals 30 day shred, and currently 6 week 6 pack, has worked wander for me after a C section!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many people believe that just doing ab exercises will flatten a belly. :sad:

It takes dialed in nutrition with a calorie deficit, cardio to burn fat, and weight training to strengthen the muscles. It's the same for abs as it is for biceps, quads, or any other muscle.

You can't spot reduce, and doing a million crunches or ab circle thingies won't flatten your stomach. You must eat right and workout. Those crnuches will strengthen your ab muscles, but this should NOT be the cornerstone of your "flatten your stomach" workout regimen.