how'd you do on calories for mothers day?

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    5,375 calories. Yep, really.

I figure the victory in this is the fact that I even logged... :D

Yep. Mine was close to my calorie total for Thanksgiving - and I didn't actually end up eating any dessert (melty ice cream cake - decided for extra wine instead). If there had been a good dessert I think my total would have been similar to one of my other major holidays. I didn't even really eat that much - it was a lot of snacking - which is perfectly fine with me!
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I actually did okay. I didn't even WANT to go out to eat, I hate crowds more than most anything else in the world, so my husband grilled shrimp for lunch outside (and it was way, WAY better than anything we could have had at a restaurant!). They did bring me doughnuts for breakfast, though. But they were worth it.

My daughter's birthday is tomorrow, though. THAT'S the day that's going to get me. We're going to bake cake pops tonight and she gets to choose dinner out, which usually means Cici's pizza. And while most people aren't really tempted by Cici's pizza, I seriously, seriously love "bad" pizza and will blow my calories out of the water, probably.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    Is food the standard gift to give? Perhaps I'm giving the wrong gift on mother's day. I never give my mother food.

You should give your mom what she enjoys that you want to give her. Your gift isn't wrong just because someone else gives something different
    I received popcorn but also some fragrances as gifts this year. In the past I have gotten plants, books, dvd's or clothes.
    Many people share a special meal with their mothers or children to celebrate Mother's Day and don't really buy a gift at all.
  • Sugar_Slayer
    Sugar_Slayer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It wasn't good. Went to a buffet for brunch and I tried to load up on fruit and salmon but some other not so good things ended up on my plate. Went to Captain America and didn't have anything there and then went for a walk. The day would have probably been salvageable if it wouldn't have been for my nephew's parents deciding that we didn't spend enough time together at brunch and had to get together for nephew's b-day and go out to eat again. They chose a place that was higher in calories than if I would have eaten at home. That was yesterday and then there was mom's day with my mom on Saturday and well the scale was up this morning. I'm hoping to save the week and am back on track this morning.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I banked calories Mon-Thur to allow overages Fri-Sun and still come up under for the week. It worked beautifully and I'll keep doing it for special occasions.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    Is food the standard gift to give? Perhaps I'm giving the wrong gift on mother's day. I never give my mother food.

I got my mom a hanging flower basket.

My kids (ie husband ) gave me the gift of a new patio and then a day off of cooking. Since my husband can't boil water we ate out every meal lol.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I picked a nice restaurant, then discovered that the restaurant doesn't have nutritional information on the web and discovered that mfp doesn't have anything for that restaurant in the food database. I examined the menu on the web and decided to go with the Caesar salad with 7 oz grilled salmon. Added to that I had 5 tortilla chips with about 25 mg of guacamole. When I stepped on the scale this morning, I had lost 1.2 lb from yesterday morning. So, yes, I think I must've stayed within my plan goals of less than 1500 calories and less then 1500 mg of sodium.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Way over maintenance for me...

3 vanilla cupcakes filled and topped with buttercream and raspberry jam, a steak cooked on the barbecue medium rare with fries and string beans in a balsamic reduction, some guacamole Pringles, fresh pasta and mushroom sauce, a few beers, and a juicy jumbo hotdog. Maybe, just maybe a little bit of extra buttercream while I was whipping it. Had to keep busy, it has been 1 month since I lost my mother, so baking for my mother in law was a good way to use up a good chunk of my day.

DT;DC, but back to the grind today.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    400 calories under goal for Mother's Day. (I don't eat back all exercise calories... as I am HIGHLY skeptical of my fitbit's calculations).

And OP, mom+family did Olive Garden too! High five!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Fine...I took my wife and my mom to the zoo to listen to the NM Philharmonic and we had a picnic in the grass...some sandwiches and salads. We also walked around the zoo for a few hours.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Way over when visiting my mom. Up 6.5 lb but I'm sure most of that is water. Life goes on.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I ate 900 calories of my homemade strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. That said, I was at maintenance most of the weekend...except saturday when things got real. lol.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    5-6k
  • enterdanger
    Options
    Linzon wrote: »
    Maintenance for me! Had a lot of delicious food yesterday except for one big disappointment: my chocolate stout did NOT taste like chocolate :(

Hey @Linzon try a Samuel Smith's organic chocolate stout. In my opinion it is the most chocolately of all chocolate stouts.
  • dlcshan
    dlcshan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    We had Famous Dave's Feast take-out. That meal alone was over 900 calories and the entire day's sodium but I planned ahead and walked 5.5 miles on hilly terrain to make sure I had enough of a cushion. On the up side, I ate more protein in that one meal than I often have in an entire day. All in all, I think it went pretty well (avoided the stupidly high calorie corn muffin, eating a whole wheat apple muffin and half a banana later on instead)
    Calories 923
    Carbs 59
    Fat 44
    Protein 76
    Sodium 2,290
    Fiber 8
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I had over 2,500 calories. Baaaaaaaaahahahahaha. I didn't even care. Wine!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Both of my teenage sons were unavailable so I wound up making breakfast and dinner for Mrs Jruzer. Probably sweated off a few hundred calories in the kitchen. But it turned out well: buttermilk waffles and honey-ginger fruit salad for breakfast, and souvlaki with tzatziki and baked garlic parmesan potato wedges for dinner.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Linzon wrote: »
    Maintenance for me! Had a lot of delicious food yesterday except for one big disappointment: my chocolate stout did NOT taste like chocolate :(

Hey @Linzon try a Samuel Smith's organic chocolate stout. In my opinion it is the most chocolately of all chocolate stouts.

@enterdanger Thanks for the recommendation! I am new to beers that taste like things beside beer.
  • enterdanger
    Options
    @linzon that beer is superb because it tastes like chocolate and stout. I agree it's disappointing when you get a beer that says it will taste like something and doesn't. I tried the Clown Shoes Pecan pie porter, mostly because it had a picture of Ghengis Khan throwing pies, and it didn't taste like pecan pie or porter. Very sad.
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I was over maintenance by 400 - 500 and it was worth it! Homemade chocolate chip cookies, grilled steak and shrimp scampi. I declined the potato and had salad instead. I still averaged 1200 per day for the week though, so no guilt here. :)