Steamed Cabbage

Options
chels1605
chels1605 Posts: 206 Member
Ok - so we've all heard of the cabbage soup diet helping loads of people loose lbs... but I hate FAD diets but recently I've found the total love for steamed sweetheart cabbage...... i ADORE it... in fact - I adore it so much I eat it every night and sometimes at lunch too!

Anyone tell me if its a bad thing to eat the same veggies all the time? will it hinder my weight loss?

Anyone else have a cabbage obsession?

Replies

• chels1605
    Options
    just me??
  • MissVV
    MissVV Posts: 19
    Options
    Hahaha love it! My mum used to call me "her little cabbage girl" sometimes because I loooved it so much! Cabbage is very good for you, it's totally fine to eat lots of the same vegetable, but try to put some variety in there too as your "5 a day" are meant to be a variety (different colours etc). And you're not doing the dodgey fad diet thing if you're eating other stuff too. Good luck and enjoy your cabbage tonight!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I can't see why it would be too much of a problem - although you may want to mix a few other different colours of vegetable in there as well just to get some variety of nutrients.

you know of course that the cabbage soup diet is famous for the unwanted aroma associated with it.....and I'm not talking when cooking either :laugh:
  • chels1605
    Options
    Glad its ok to eat ALL the time!!! I just adore it.... don't want to eat it sooooo much that i hate it though!!!

Anyone got any good recipes for it?
  • chels1605
    Options
    Glad its ok to eat ALL the time!!! I just adore it.... don't want to eat it sooooo much that i hate it though!!!

Anyone got any good recipes for it?