Fitbit Adjustment

Options
If I have the Fitbit calorie adjustment for a workout, should I still log what I did or is that double logging??

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    That would be double logging.
  • stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    So is it better to have the Fitbit calorie adjustment or to actually log it? I went on the bike at the gym for 10 minutes and then did C25k (which also input calories burned to MFP) and the Fitbit adjustment was significantly less... Just confused as to how this works and which way is the best way
  • KnitSewSpin
    KnitSewSpin Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You might want to check out the Fitbit group. There is a lot of great info there.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    The fitbit adjustment is based on total calorie burn for the day. MFP then deducts the figure it has for your TDEE.
    You can turn off the sync and manually log your exercise if you want. It's all based on what works best for you. Since I typically only eat back 1/2 my exercise calories, I just leave it the way it is.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It isn't double logging. If you log your exercise in MFP, the calorie estimate it gives you will override the one Fitbit says for the exact same time. Log the bike either on MFP or Fitbit, but you don't have to worry about C25K since that's step-based.
  • Wickedfaery73
    Wickedfaery73 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering about this and it confuses me too LOL. I have both MFP and FB set to lose 1 lb a week and the FB adjustment gives me back a lot of calories to eat sometimes. I dont usually do it tho. I've only had mine 1.5 weeks
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    It isn't double logging. If you log your exercise in MFP, the calorie estimate it gives you will override the one Fitbit says for the exact same time. Log the bike either on MFP or Fitbit, but you don't have to worry about C25K since that's step-based.

Oops, sorry for giving out false information! I had no idea it would work that way.
  • Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Just for ease, I track all activity and water in fitbit, and food in MFP.