Getting Tired of Chicken

Options
ashowers36
ashowers36 Posts: 83 Member
edited May 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Okay don't get me wrong I love boneless skinless chicken breast. Baked, fried, grilled it doesn't really matter. But I have been eating chicken breast for the last 2 weeks and I am getting a little tired of it. I need a break from chicken. Anyone have any good healthy meat ideas I could substitute? Please note I do not eat any kind of fish or seafood.

29942929.png

Replies

• AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of poultry, since my husband doesn't eat red meat.

You can try pork, pork tenderloin is very tasty. Otherwise, vary the recipe and type of meat. I.e. chicken stir fry, turkey burgers, bbq chicken thighs are all poultry meals that are completely different from each other.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    MMMMM pork marinated in olive oil, lemon and greek seasoning. Quick fry or bake in the oven. Make your own taziki sauce and serve with salad
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Steak, Salmon, Pork loin, Turkey, Tuna Steaks.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Ground beef/turkey. Chicken thighs. Chicken sausage. Pork.
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I assume you are eating BLSLCB because of them being low in calories. Pork tenderloin is also very lean as compared it to BLSLCB. If you cook them without adding anything with calories, that works, but that gets boring quick and I doubt that's what you have been doing. A steak grilled is most likely "healthier" than a fried BLSLCB.

Point being, any meat can be potentially "healthy" or "not healthy"--its all about how you cook it.
  • ltesiat
    ltesiat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Grass fed beef is good it's better quality and high protein as well as lean turkey burgers good luck!
  • ashowers36
    ashowers36 Posts: 83 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Nuke_64 wrote: »
    I assume you are eating BLSLCB because of them being low in calories. Pork tenderloin is also very lean as compared it to BLSLCB. If you cook them without adding anything with calories, that works, but that gets boring quick and I doubt that's what you have been doing. A steak grilled is most likely "healthier" than a fried BLSLCB.

Point being, any meat can be potentially "healthy" or "not healthy"--its all about how you cook it.

When I fry it I usually use a little olive oil and seasonings. Or I will marinade the chicken and fry it in the marinade. Though I guess that is more like a boiled chicken as it is cooking in the liquid of the marinade until it reduces. I use the packets of marinade that you add the oil, vinegar, and water to not the pre-made bottled kind. I use a lot of marinades for flavoring.

29942929.png
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I was getting sick of eating chicken, so much so I hate it now. I've started eating vegetarian options like meatfree meatballs, quorn mince, nut cutlets, Tesco chicken style pieces, and love them all. I'm making so many different meals with them.
  • hassankarimi82
    hassankarimi82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I was getting sick of eating chicken, so much so I hate it now. I've started eating vegetarian options like meatfree meatballs, quorn mince, nut cutlets, Tesco chicken style pieces, and love them all. I'm making so many different meals with them.

You got fed up of eating chicken so you eat chicken replacement!?! This is like a meme within itself. INCEPTION!!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Filet Mignon was on sale at my acme this week...so good on the grill, but I'll admit to giving the kids beans and rice cause filet would have been wasted on them.

Pork Loin

Eggs. Often overlooked for dinner but I made crustless quiche last week.

Meatless Monday. We will be having lentil tacos, I think.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options

You got fed up of eating chicken so you eat chicken replacement!?! This is like a meme within itself. INCEPTION!!

That's because I'm now a vegetarian, I'm giving the OP other option, like they asked for!!!
  • inezbruce
    inezbruce Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Turkey meatballs/sausages, Chorizo, Vegetables like squash and aubergine always work well as meat replacement too.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Chicken thighs. Marinate and grill!

Ground turkey- Salad topper, make tacos, throw into chili, meatballs, eat as is, etc.

Steak. Steak is not unhealthy.

Pork loin. I don't eat a lot of pork though.

For the breasts, try mixing up your seasonings and marinades. I've been liking a mix of olive oil, garlic salt, soy sauce, Worcestershire, sriracha and rosemary. I may try a peanut sauce marinade for my chicken tonight!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    how could anyone get sick of chicken? there are an endless amount of things you can do with it. its a blank canvas for you to create. If your getting sick of chicken your not doing it right.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I've been eating chicken drumsticks and thighs daily for the last 1500 days. 3 meals a day. (2 dinners. Well, at the start, I did eat chicken drumsticks for breakfast.)
  • PlantBasedRnr
    PlantBasedRnr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The only reason I clicked here was because I thought it said Getting Tired of Children... I was looking for ideas! :p
  • KombuchaKat
    KombuchaKat Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    All meat is healthy when it comes from properly raised animals. You need not fear fat in pastured animals since it contains the proper ratio of omega 3/6 fats. When they fatten them up with corn and God knows what other crap in a feedlot it makes the meat 1) fattier and 2) has too much omega 6 fats and bonus 3) taste terrible so you have to inject it with butter and MSG to get it down ewe! Get yourself a nice pastured pork roast and thrown that thing in the slow cooker with whatever spices or veg you like. Can't go wrong!
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I love fish! You can do a lean pork roast and lean beef as well. I even do hamburger meat and drain the grease off well. Just watch your portion sizes. I do stuffed bellpeppers baked with hamburger meat and mozzarella cheese. Yummy
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I second ground turkey, turkey burgers, chicken sausage and eggs. Love them all. Not a big pork fan.