Great progress

Options
5"7
GW 130
May 4 128.4
May 9 129.4

My weight has been flucuating just a few pounds or two. I am really happy to report that I have lost several inches.
Feb. 16 May 9
143 lbs 129.4
Hips 38 Hips 36
Waist 35.5 Waist 28
Chest 39 Chest 34
Thigh 22 Thigh 20
Upper arm 11 Upper arm 11
Pant line 38 Pant line 34

I have been going to the gym consistently since January. I started out at 155 pounds. I am so happy with my progress. My goal weight was originally 135. Then I lowered it to 130. For the past 6 weeks I have been really focusing on building muscle instead of losing weight. I have been doing the strong curves workout for the last 3.5 weeks. I am really wanting to tighten up my abs, butt, and thighs. Summer is fast approaching so I want to look better in shorts and swimsuit. I can tell you this. As of right now all my clothes are too big on me. I have not unpacked my summer clothes yet so that is yet to be determined.

Replies

• ArmyofAdrian
    ArmyofAdrian Posts: 177 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Outstanding! What was your diet like?
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    5"7
    GW 130
    May 4 128.4
    May 9 129.4

My weight has been flucuating just a few pounds or two. I am really happy to report that I have lost several inches.
    Feb. 16 May 9
    143 lbs 129.4
    Hips 38 Hips 36
    Waist 35.5 Waist 28
    Chest 39 Chest 34
    Thigh 22 Thigh 20
    Upper arm 11 Upper arm 11
    Pant line 38 Pant line 34

I have been going to the gym consistently since January. I started out at 155 pounds. I am so happy with my progress. My goal weight was originally 135. Then I lowered it to 130. For the past 6 weeks I have been really focusing on building muscle instead of losing weight. I have been doing the strong curves workout for the last 3.5 weeks. I am really wanting to tighten up my abs, butt, and thighs. Summer is fast approaching so I want to look better in shorts and swimsuit. I can tell you this. As of right now all my clothes are too big on me. I have not unpacked my summer clothes yet so that is yet to be determined.

Way to go! :)
  • stephinator92
    stephinator92 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Bump! Curious about your diet!
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    @wishfullthinking79 - what are your average calories per day? 13.6 lbs in 12 weeks is great! :)
  • wishfullthinking79
    wishfullthinking79 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    With the exception of the last 2 weeks I pretty much follow a LCHF diet. I found that decreasing the amount of carbs I consumed made a huge difference in my weight loss. I have to work really hard at increasing the amount of fat I eat because the meat I typically eat is very lean. I primarily eat chicken, fish, and ground turkey. I have eaten red meat twice in the last 3 months because it can be a higher fat meat. Well it made me sick. I really have never been a red meat eater. I havent even ever cooked a steak before. lol

I ate 1200-1300 calories. I am eating more calories than that now. I have not been following my diet like I was. I have definitely eaten more carbs in the last 2 weeks when compared to the past 3 months.

You know what is frustrating for me. I do not feel like I am toning up like I should. Dont get me wrong my shape has definitely changed, I just do not think I am getting that desired result. I want to squeeze my butt and feel muscle. I am not there yet. I know this all takes time. I just cant help but want that instant results. I am going to go back and really read the strong curves book. Now that the semester is over I can focus more on the book to ensure that I am doing everything I can to increase my muscle building process.