Need motivation

I have used MFP off & on over the last few years without success. Earlier this year I took action, joined a gym, weight watchers online & started C25K. I ran two 5ks in February & March. I lost 4.5 lbs from December to March. I was majorly discouraged coming from a sedentary lifestyle & felt like nothing was happening.

Motivation from others is the only thing that I can think to keep me going. I'm going to do it this time.

Replies

• mandypinckney
    mandypinckney Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I've just started mfp last week.I've struggled with my weight my whole life...we can do it!
  • Melissa7941
    Melissa7941 Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you!! And you're right... We can!!!
  • adremark
    adremark Posts: 774 Member
    Melissa, you can do it! I struggled for a long time-- if you look at my pictures, you'll see how I used to look. It took me 10 years to change from that picture to the current one. And every day is a struggle for me- I like to eat, and I don't really like to exercise. But I'm happier now with my body shape than I was back then, when I weighed 50 pounds more than I do today.

My father died from complications due to diabetes, and had to have his legs amputated, and he went blind. I don't want to die that way. That became my motivation to lose the weight and keep it off. Sometimes I regain a few pounds, but I look at my old pictures, think of my dad, and then get back on the wagon again.

If you need motivation, I'm happy to supply it!