morning workouts

cass89
cass89 Posts: 198 Member
edited September 29 in Fitness and Exercise
I was thinking of doing morning workouts now that start work at 9am...not 7 lol
Does anyone else do this? and have you found any benefits?

Replies

• Felesina1
    Felesina1 Posts: 142
    Because I work night shift, working out after being awake for 12hrs at night yields a poor workout session for me. Even though I get up in the afternoon (i.e., my morning I do better with energy to do my workouts prior to getting ready for work and getting my day started).
  • jennyocox
    jennyocox Posts: 143
    I find that my energy is increase tenfold throughout the day if I workout in the morning. If I leave it until later in the day I'm a bit lack lustre to be honest.
  • hllamaster
    hllamaster Posts: 137 Member
    I've done both lot depends. On what your job. But yes mornings are great
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    I find that my energy is increase tenfold throughout the day if I workout in the morning. If I leave it until later in the day I'm a bit lack lustre to be honest.

Very true, if I get even just a 20 min. run in before I start my day my energy levels are through the roof. You're up early enough to run shower maybe even have time to put on that extra touch of makeup or iron the outfit you really wanted to wear. kinda sets the tone for the day. If you are like me and not really a morning person try and do it on the hard days like a Monday and Wednesday morning.
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    i like mornings bc i get it over & done with.I work the night shift2 ...... my job has a gym so i use my 15 & 30 mins break to work out not to mention answering the call bells all night..:yawn:
  • npuente
    npuente Posts: 2
    I like to exercise in the morning before eating. That way my body burns fat and not what I have eaten :)
  • NoreenG
    NoreenG Posts: 2
    Hi I do a work out most mornings - do you have sky? there is a channel called Body in Balance ( 275 )- they have various workouts for different times. I tend to to the yoga classes as i enjoy them but i record them then get up early and do it before i go to work - if i miss out in the morning i can do them in the evening. I agree with the other comments i feel it really gives me a good start to the day and feel the benefit if i work out in the morning - good luck :)
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    First thing in the morning for me too! I was going out at 7.30am for my runs but recently I've been doing them at 6.30am, which I find much better for some reason....probably psychological! Like others have said, I find that working out early in the morning sets me up for the day.

Enjoy your early morning sessions!
  • nash4343
    nash4343 Posts: 15
    Absolutely mornings for me! By evening the last thing I want to do is workout. Some times I go for a walk on the beach but that is it for evening. I find I have more energy to get it all done in the morning and another benefit is my thinking is clearer throughout the day. Kind of like I worked the cob webs out :) I hope you find what works best for you.
  • cass89
    thanks heaps guys for your feedback :)
    I think morning workouts would work out fantastic for me.
    Wednesday I have school at night and thursday friday nights i have basketball so early morning workouts would be fantastic!
    My gym is 24/7 so i can go all hours! :)
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    I like to exercise in the morning before eating. That way my body burns fat and not what I have eaten :)

Just because you're using more fat as fuel for your workout doesn't mean you're burning more fat from your body.
  • I find that when I workout in the morning it sets me up for success for the whole day. I make better food choices that day because I have already worked out and don't want to mess up. :tongue:
  • cass89
    that's a good point! you wouldnt want to put the energy you've burnt back in!!
  • melonen
    melonen Posts: 17
    I did that today, and it feels great! I used around 10 minutes just to get warm and to "wake up", and after I have a lot more energy than before.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    I took work at 9:30am, but normally can't workout because my husband and I have to share a car, and since he works far away at 7am, I have to go straight to my job to save gas. But this morning, he wanted me to take the car so I go to workout for about 45 minutes. I feel sooo great. It's a solution for me because I love to just flop down on the couch and watch cartoons when I get off of work since I'm insanely lazy!
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    I wake up at 6am, start my workout around 6:10. Do about 30-45 minutes of cardio. Eat breakfast, shower, head to work. I like working out in the morning because after work I sometimes will find "excuses" not to workout. Like "I am tired from working all day". I call BS on me...haha.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    I train fasted at 4:30am most days. At first it was rough doing heavy squats that early but now I've embraced and look forward to it.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    I do my workouts whenever I can fit it in. But morning workouts are great because it gets my day started the off on the right foot. I feel great through out the day. Plus, I am at my strongest and well rested.
  • eillims
    eillims Posts: 11
    I workout at 4:45 am every weekday morning to lift and run intervals. It was tough at first but now I wake up at about 4:15 am without an alarm.

I like to workout before I'm stuck sitting in a cube for 8 hours at work because it keeps me from getting too ansty. I feel that if I workout in the morning, I make better food choices and have more drive to eat what will help me not ruin the workout I did that morning.

Also, it's dead in the morning so the free weight area is pretty much all mine and I don't get in anyone's way either.
This discussion has been closed.