Big Boobs fitness

Options
I just can't seem to get the support that I need from my bras. I am a DD and it is hard to find sports bra that are comfy and supportable. Any tips?

Replies

• Arathels
    Arathels Posts: 6,883 Member
    Options
    Only sport bra I could wear when I was DD - E was one I bought at H&M. The rest didn't fit.
    Now it kinda doesn't matter, I don't have any boobs left hehe :P

But you should definitely check out the sport section at the H&M stores... cheap and good support.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Oh girl, I feel your pain, I really do. I had to $eriously lay down some bucks at Lane Bryant. They have a couple of expensive sports bras that are working out really, really well. I'd recommend going into a store and trying some on. If you're like me--and it sounds like it--none of those cheapies and many of the expensive ones aren't going to work. In my case they are something I have to wear over a regular bra because they don't have the right support, or I get some kind of freaky uniboob. The ones at Lane Bryant that have molded cups did the trick for me. FYI I'm 44DDD. (Even if you don't have to shop for clothes in a plus store, they carry a good selection of DD starting at 34 I believe)

(PS-A little tip, if you gotta make cuts elsewhere, I buy the rest of my gym clothes at Ross. So, fifty for a sports bra and ten bucks for gym pants)
  • hrsj022
    hrsj022 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The am a H cup! I wear a regular one for lower impact exercises and a very very constricting one the brand is Goddess bra for high impact
  • RoteBook
    RoteBook Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    If you're able to splurge, the Enell bras are seriously amazing for large breasts and high impact like running. They're not super comfortable, but more comfortable than hitting yourself in the eye!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm an F/G (depending on brand & TOM) and have found some really great bras at Allure.
    They have some real-world stores, but you can also order online.

http://www.allurefits.com/

ETA: what's really unfair is that while the overall mass of breast tissue has shrunk as I've lost
    weight, the cup size hasn't (yet?).
  • swimfan85
    swimfan85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Arathels wrote: »
    Only sport bra I could wear when I was DD - E was one I bought at H&M. The rest didn't fit.
    Now it kinda doesn't matter, I don't have any boobs left hehe :P

But you should definitely check out the sport section at the H&M stores... cheap and good support.

• sarababy5
    sarababy5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Panache brand sports bras are awesome. You can find them on Amazon, sometimes marked down. They're a little pricey, $70 or so but well worth it. I'm a G cup and I couldn't run without a good sports bra.
  • Lavamonstret
    Lavamonstret Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have 30GG and am very happy with my shock absorber max support bra. It's a fight to get it on, but once it's hooked the boobs are not moving no matter how much I run and jump. I bought it from ebay for around $40 I believe.
  • britishbeau
    britishbeau Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    im a HH, and i feel your pain! I like the sports Jock ones, but i usually wear them with another bra under for extra extra support
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    panache sports for me. (g cup)
    No issues with jumping jacks, jogging etc when on

• lucylocketlostherpocket32
    Options
    I'm a cup size G I wear a normal bra and then a sports bra over the top. They don't move and the relief on my back is heaven lol
  • PLoveElliott
    PLoveElliott Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am an I cup and wear panache sports bras for all of my activities. Love them!
  • lillivewire87
    lillivewire87 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I used to be a DD and now I am a D...however my favorite sports bra is from Nike....it has under-wire support and it is my exclusive workout bra. NO BOUNCE! I now reserve my old regular sports bras for just lounging around the house. They definitely cost $$ but are well worth it when you find a good one. I would suggest heading to a specialized running or sports store and have them fit you.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Knockout by Victoria’s Secret Front-Close Sport Bra. I bought 2 of these and they worked perfectly. Just bought 2 more this weekend. They're very comfortable. It has a front close bra and an outer layer zipper. 36 DD and everything stays perfectly in place.

sport-bra-knockout-fb-tw-960x640.png
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Target has some Champion ones that are really thick and lined that work well. Don't buy the ones that are just like a single layer.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    A supportive regular bra with underwire and a shaper top over it to distribute the bounce is the only thing that has worked for me.

I can't wear a sports bra for anything beyond very gentle walking. I tried to jog in one recently--nope!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,208 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2016
    Options
    32DD distance runner here, and I've had fantastic luck with both Victoria Secret and Under Armor sports bras.

Edited to add: I have found that once I figured out what size I really was, the sports bras I ended up buying actually worked. Instructions for measuring yourself at this link: http://brittanyherself.com/2014/02/05/happy-boobs/

That link is how I figured out my 'now that I've shrunk' bra size, and why my bras actually fit now.
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    For me I like Hanes and Danceskin now they run by shirt size in stead of cup size
  • maeggggan
    maeggggan Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    im a 38DD and victorias secret are hands down my favorite sports bras.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    ??DD...cup size is not the same across band size. A 32DD is like a 38B.