jogging in the morning.

Options
Sometimes I get up early and rather jog when i first wake up, the only thing is when I get back I usually fall back asleep. Is that a bad thing?

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    So long as you don't have to go straight to work, not a problem at all! I sometimes do this at the weekend, especially if I got up early to avoid the heat.
  • JenniferLynWhat
    Options
    I had the same question..I don't want to confuse my metabolism by getting it going and shutting it down again..Also, 5am is too early for me to eat so I wonder if that's bad also
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    it takes me a while to get out the door in the a.m. But when I do, i feel so much better that I did
  • mars_bar
    mars_bar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My friend who is a psychology major told me recently that it is better to jog when the sun is up a little so you do not disturb your sleep patterns. I think that it's better to not go back to sleep so soon because by sleeping so soon after a workout your body goes right back into resting state. I think if you had a light breakfast after the jog, and read a paper or something to keep the metabolic rate up .
  • egreene718
    egreene718 Posts: 32
    Options
    See but I usually jog in the am because I get up early and after working Im sometimes tired. So i would job shower and head back to sleep, but as someone uptop said i dont want to confuse my metabolism by going back to sleep
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I nearly always go in the morning and I'm usually out before 7am.

I much prefer to run on an empty stomach as its so much more comfortable for me and its great being out before the rest of the world wakes up :smile: