My favorite recipe...whats yours??

Options
xMissy6x
xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
Im needing some new ideas and thought id share my favorite, lets bump them around :)
So mine i got from watching a cooking show and i loooooove it!! Its super fast, filling and very low calorie!!

Not quite Pho Bo

Ingredients

1L salt reduced chicken stock
½ lime
1 ½ T fish sauce
1 pk vermicelli rice noodles
1 chilli (to your taste!)
bok choy
fresh lemongrass
fresh bean shoots
2 chicken breasts
6 mushrooms

1. Bring chicken stock, chilli, lime, lemongrass and fish sauce to the boil.
2. Add noodles, chicken and mushrooms.
3. Then cook bok choy and bean sprouts until softened.
4. Cooking should only take about 5mins.

Depends how much you eat but i find it serves 3 and only 251 calories per serve. Heats well for lunch the next day , my fiancee thinks its the best recipe to :)

Replies

• JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    My favorite is one half an avocado, squeeze half a lime over it, dashes of sea salt and cracked pepper... ain't nothing better! Well... maybe steamed oysters with lemon, horseradish and Tabasco :)
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    bump

mine is:

Cubed Chicken peices, in a frying pan with a little olive oil, onions, season with garlic and chicken seasoning and fry till nicely browned. Cook some extra thin pasta nests (great from Waitrose UK) andadd to boiling water and sir continuously until cooked usually takes around 2-4 minutes. Drain and drizzle olive oil over the pasta. Divide on to plates and add the chicken nd onions (can add chillis to taste) and then grate some parmesan cheese on top. PERFECT! :-) :happy:
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    At the moment I can eat this Lamb & Lentil Curry every single day..... You can also make it with Steak, Chicken or Tofu instead of lamb (with photos)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Elleinnz/view/recipe-lamb-and-lentil-curry-on-pumpkin-mash-110827
  • casseh
    casseh Posts: 58
    Options
    bump

mine is:

Cubed Chicken peices, in a frying pan with a little olive oil, onions, season with garlic and chicken seasoning and fry till nicely browned. Cook some extra thin pasta nests (great from Waitrose UK) andadd to boiling water and sir continuously until cooked usually takes around 2-4 minutes. Drain and drizzle olive oil over the pasta. Divide on to plates and add the chicken nd onions (can add chillis to taste) and then grate some parmesan cheese on top. PERFECT! :-) :happy:

This sounds great...any idea of the calorie amount per serving? or a subsitute for the pasta nests, dont think I've seen them here in aust
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    A great subs for pasta is zucchini... I use a German made spiralizer. Don't be frightened. You can use a plain potato peeler, knife, or mandoline to slice the zuke.
  • jbenton091011
    Options

1. Bring chicken stock, chilli, lime, lemongrass and fish sauce to the boil.
    2. Add noodles, chicken and mushrooms.
    3. Then cook bok choy and bean sprouts until softened.
    4. Cooking should only take about 5mins.

Hi Missy6
    This is awesome. Do you cut the chicken into pieces or add in whole? And do you precook the chicken or add in raw???

Thanks.
  • jbenton091011
    Options
    Serves 2

Ingredients:
    150g Linguine pasta
    1tbs double cream
    button mushrooms (you can use tinned ones as it's quick and easy and they're perfect for frying up)
    onion (red or white what ever your preference) chopped
    2x 100g chicken breast (if you buy the frozen chicken breasts, take the chicken out in the morning and leave on a plate in the fridge to defrost. Alternatively, defrost in the microwave)
    4/6 blocks frozen spinach
    cracked salt and pepper

Method
    Add linguine pasta to boiling water. Put a little oil (prevents sticking) and salt to taste in water.
    Put a few frozen spinach blocks (I use about two to three) into a jug with some boiling water. Leave to defrost.
    Once defrosted, drain and chop
    Season your chicken breast with salt and pepper. Cut in bite size chunks.
    Fry on a high heat until golden brown on the outside. Set aside
    Fry onions and mushrooms (do onions first then add in the mushrooms). Once cooked through, add the chicken and the spinach in and heat through.
    Drain the linguine and line the bottom of the pan thinly with a bit of cream. Put the pasta back in, return to the heat and stir till the cream has coated the pasta and it's heated through. Don't do it too hot as you don't want to burn it.

Serve in a bowl, and season with cracked black pepper should you wish

500 calories per serving.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Right now, I love this sauce I created by experimentation a while back:

It's not really a recipe, but a list of ingredients that you can mix and match to your preferences.

I take dijon mustard, either apple cider vinegar or lemon juice (or you can use a little of each if you like), and olive oil and mix them until it takes on a sauce-like consistency. For seasoning I use garlic powder and some parsley, but you can add whatever you like. I love using this sauce with spaghetti and adding little shrimp, it's SO delicious.

If you're not sure where to start on the amounts, I use 2-3 tbs of mustard and olive oil each, and 1 maybe 2 tbs of vinegar/lemon juice total. Spices, to taste.
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    Missy - yours sounds delish! :)
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    Mine is my Chocolate Banana Nutter:

1 scoop of chocolate Shakeology
    1/2 cup of almond milk
    1/2 cup of water
    1 tbsp almond butter
    1 banana
    ice filled up almost halfway in blender

blend & serve it's 20 ounces in a shaker cup.

Its like dessert for breakfast or whatever meal you want it for!
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    bump

mine is:

This sounds great...any idea of the calorie amount per serving? or a subsitute for the pasta nests, dont think I've seen them here in aust

@Casseh
    not too sure on the cals but roughly 300-400 cals i also forgot to add that i put Parma ham in it - it adds a salty taste which gives it extra flavour. you can subsitute the pasta nests with normal spaghetti, but try and find the thinest pasta you can as it tastes much better with thin pasta.

ENJOY (i actually had it for dinner last night - a very small portion though but was still yummy!)
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Cut the chicken into cubes and then boil in the stock for a couple of mins :)
  • Sophie2304
    Options
    My favourite recipe is:

Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Dressing - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4107/roasted-butternut-squash-salad-with-soy-balsamic-d

P.s. this is a really great website for new recipes.

Hope it helps everyone :-)
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    My favourite recipe is:

Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Dressing - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4107/roasted-butternut-squash-salad-with-soy-balsamic-d

P.s. this is a really great website for new recipes.

Hope it helps everyone :-)

I absolutely LOVE the bbc good food website- plus I have a monthly subscription to the magazine. I have a blank cookbook from paperchase which has pages to write down your fave recipes, and plastic wallets to put magazine recipes in.

My favourite from the website: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4753/thai-minced-chicken-salad

I usually make this with minced (ground) turkey or lean pork mince and serve it in lettuce cups/ lettuce wraps with Nuoc Cham (Vietnamese spring roll dipping sauce made with fresh chopped red chillis, garlic, rice vinegar, fish sauce, lime juice, water & sugar)