Strawberries

beka_a
beka_a Posts: 4
I have some strawberries in the fridge that are just past being squishy in a nice way, they're still good but past their best so I was wondering if anyone had any good/healthy recipes for baking or something that I could use the strawberries up in? Like a healthy, fresh berry muffin recipe or something?

Replies

• cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Strawberry shortcake. Yes, this is actually healthy, if you get the spongecake desert cups. Get light whipped topping or whipped cream, and it's only about 150 cals for a good sweet treat. Plus you get Vit C, fiber, some protein and calcium if you use real whipped cream.
  • coderchris
    coderchris Posts: 79 Member
    Put them in a smoothie with greek yogurt and some other berries or a banana.
  • owlfan68
    owlfan68 Posts: 14 Member
    When mine get like that, I usually just end up throwing them in the blender and adding some protein powder to them and I get some xtra protein and don't have to throw out my berries :-)
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Either a smoothie as previously said or mix them with some low fat cream or creme fraiche and some crushed meringues and you have an instant Eton Mess!
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Freeze them and then make a shake with low fat milk and protein powder. It tastes like milkshake! Yum!
  • tilda_g
    tilda_g Posts: 19
    Mash them up in yoghurt then freeze :)