Low carb and loving it....trying anyway ☺️

Options
tgundy71
tgundy71 Posts: 1 Member
Hi! I'm new to this. I'm trying low carb and have my Fitbit on! I'm would love to hear about any good recipe ideas anyone has and maybe some inspiration/motivation. Thanks and good luck!!!

Replies

• rerez2015
    rerez2015 Posts: 72 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Smile!
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    one of my favorite meals to make is a herb turkey burger ground turkey about 4 ounces, add basil, garlic powder, oregano amnd cook in a fry pan at 350 degrees for about 7 minutes per side or till cooked all the way through no bun, with cole salw foe salad and cauliflower topped with shredded cheese
  • aquinasnurse
    aquinasnurse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ask to join Rock's kitchen on Facebook. Most Bariatric patients eat low carb after surgery. There are literally hundreds of amazing recipes in the files.
  • rerez2015
    rerez2015 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Friend me!
  • Adah_m
    Adah_m Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I love low carb! I'm doing keto (<20g/day) and I feel absolutely great. I haven't gone through any horrible adjustment period or anything. Some of my favorites are meat and veggie stir fry, burgers with no bun, tuna salad, lunch meat spread with cream cheese (be careful, not all brands of cream cheese have <1 g), and soups. I also love eggs with veggies and cheese.

I've also been addicted to keto shakes.
    Low-carb (or ultra filtered) milk - 6 g
    Jif Peanut butter powder- 2 g net
    hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder-? (either 1 or 2 g)
    Heavy whipping cream- 0
    erythritol- 0 and low glycemic impact
    (If I have the carbs left in my budget I like to add a quarter banana too. I love peanut butter, chocolate, banana flavor)

blend it all up and enjoy!!!