Hi I'm Emma and I'm an Eataholic!

Options
Dngilli
Dngilli Posts: 5 Member
edited May 2016 in Introduce Yourself
The title says it all. I'm a food addict. I feed every emotion from the worst feelings to the best. I celebrate and commiserate with food. I lose a lb? I'll celebrate with cake. I gain a lb? I'll commiserate with chocolate.

I gave up smoking fine. I will never have a *kitten* again or will be back on 20 within a month.

I can't give up eating. That's my problem. One tomato leads to a packet of biscuits or bag of sweets. I'm forever hungry. I can't remember how full feels let alone satisfied? I dream about food and wake starving!

I have food intolerances which I carry on eating as can't stop them. I have crohns so fruit and salads (which I love) are hard going on me. The only reason I don't eat foods that I know upset the crohns is I don't want to go on steroids and turn into a ravenous beast and gain 3 stone!

With crohns, pernicious anemia and a full time job, life is tiring enough with exercise. Excuse? Maybe 30% but also 70% true. My back and knees hurt walking though who I'm kidding? I couldn't lift my weight by expect my skeleton to do so daily!

So we just booked a holiday for 3 months time. I'm 6 lbs from the heaviest I've ever been. I'm not hoping for miracles, I've learnt after 16 years of yo yo dieting they don't happen. All I want is to get back into my summer clothes and go on some water slides with worrying they will snap or I will wedge in it and have to be vaselined out!

So who's up for hearing each other moaning I'm hungry and helping each other stay on track? I'm happy to encourage others just not good at encouraging myself. Perhaps we could start a Eataholics Anonymous support group?xx

FYI you will see I introduced myself here a while back. Well I'm back again as failed again ☹️ really hoping this time I can find that switch in my head this time

Replies

• birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Hello Emma, I'm Birgit and I live in New York state, USA. I don't - thankfully - have your health issues, but still can relate to much of everything you said. Sometimes I feel like a bottomless pit that all the pies in the universe can't fill. One bite of anything sweet seems to demand LOTS of company, every single time. I'm 61 and - miraculously - fairly healthy. But that can't last much longer if I don't develop a better relationship to food. Diabetes is around the corner unless I make real changes. Sooo... today is week 5 food me, and so far so good.

Feel free to friend me and let's see if we can't support each other on this very hard mutual journey.
  • Dngilli
    Dngilli Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Birgit! Thanks for reaching out. Always good to know we are not alone! I would love to help each other out. I can't work how to make a friend request though? If you know please request me. Well done on 5 weeks that's great determination! Yesterday was day 1 and so far so good. When my after dinner cravings kicked in I had some cereal. Not great for wheat intolerance but better for my weight than chocolate or sweets! Feeling positive today! Good luck and can't wait to chat soon xx
  • angieseymour410
    angieseymour410 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Im terrible for food too...its gotten to a point now that im in alot of pain with my hips and legs which has resulted in me having my bedroom downstairs. My weight has plummeted since having my recent child who is now 6 months old. I hate going out cos i feel people are looking at me so im on here to get tips from anyone who can help me. I wish you luck in achieveing your goal x