Starting To Worry

Options
I have not weighed myself in like 2 weeks coming back from vacation/holiday because of distractions & I am starting to worry!!!

Replies

• angieseymour410
    angieseymour410 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Dont worry yourself, it cant be that bad....besides, u av all the support from friends on here xx
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Did you enjoy your holiday? If so, then even if you've put weight on remember your holiday and don't stress about it. Just go back to your eating plan.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    It's likely not as bad as you think. Just get back into your thing. I hope you enjoyed your time off!
  • fr33sia12
    Options
    Did you enjoy your holiday? If so, then even if you've put weight on remember your holiday and don't stress about it. Just go back to your eating plan.

Been back to my eating plan,just worried how much weight I gained???

Then weigh yourself & get it over with. At least then you know what you're dealing with, instead of imagining all sorts of things. Worrying about it isn't going to change the outcome one bit.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Get back on the scales - better to acknowledge if you have gained and deal with it.
  • fr33sia12
    Options
    Get back on the scales - better to acknowledge if you have gained and deal with it.

Easier said than done!!

If you never weigh yourself you'll never know and come your next holiday you won't know what to do. It's a learning curve and you're not always going to get it right. Move on and learn from it. What's the worst that can happen? You put some weight on, you'll lose it again and get on with your life. It's not going to kill you.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,202 Member
    Options
    I'm anxious to weigh myself after a holiday. I know I will have gained weight, but I want to see how much so that I can start working on it.

Just got back from a weekend away ... weighed myself on Monday (yesterday morning), and I was up 1.5 kg. Yep ... I figured that would be exactly where I'd end up. But some of it would be air travel induced water weight.

This morning I weighed myself again, and I've dropped 0.5 kg as expected. Some of that air travel induced water weight coming off.

Now I need to stick to my calorie limit for the next couple weeks to ensure the rest drops off.

Nothing to worry about ... it's all fairly predictable patterns.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Just get on the scale and quit dawdling. Ignorance is not bliss. Own up to it.

And this is coming from someone who stuffs her face every time I go on vacation and I gain weight every time. And when I come back, I immediately get on the scale the next morning to do damage assessment. It's the responsible thing to do. The fat is there whether I acknowledge it or hide my head in the sand.

The sooner you acknowledge it the sooner you can start to do something about it. So just do it.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Just step on the scale, get the information and move forward. If you gained weight you can lose it.
    You may have gained a few lbs. It is common from eating/drinking differently on vacation. You may be retaining water. It is also common. You may not have gained at all. You've been back to normal eating for 2 weeks so the effects probably aren't that bad.
    You are the weight you are no matter if you weigh yourself or not though so stop wondering and worrying.
  • fr33sia12
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Going back for more another round of chemo, knowing how sick it will make you feel. That is hard.

Stepping on a scale and looking at a number...not so much.

Perspective!

This!!
    We've all given the same advice, either take the advice or don't. Nothing more anyone can do.