Strawberries

Options
beka_a
beka_a Posts: 4
I have some strawberries in the fridge that are just past being squishy in a nice way, they're still good but past their best so I was wondering if anyone had any good/healthy recipes for baking or something that I could use the strawberries up in? Like a healthy, fresh berry muffin recipe or something?

Replies

• cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Strawberry shortcake. Yes, this is actually healthy, if you get the spongecake desert cups. Get light whipped topping or whipped cream, and it's only about 150 cals for a good sweet treat. Plus you get Vit C, fiber, some protein and calcium if you use real whipped cream.
  • coderchris
    coderchris Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Put them in a smoothie with greek yogurt and some other berries or a banana.
  • owlfan68
    owlfan68 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When mine get like that, I usually just end up throwing them in the blender and adding some protein powder to them and I get some xtra protein and don't have to throw out my berries :-)
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Either a smoothie as previously said or mix them with some low fat cream or creme fraiche and some crushed meringues and you have an instant Eton Mess!
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Freeze them and then make a shake with low fat milk and protein powder. It tastes like milkshake! Yum!
  • tilda_g
    tilda_g Posts: 19
    Options
    Mash them up in yoghurt then freeze :)