Feeling Tired after lunch 3pm

Options
2»

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I used to take a small nap during my lunch. However, I found that a small walk instead gave me much more energy. Go figure!
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Not sure how heavy carbohydrates would make you feel sluggish unless you have a medical condition. Carbohydrates should do the exact opposite. I have the same problem sometimes. On Fridays when we have donuts and I eat them I don't have the problem at all, in fact I'm bouncing off the wall with energy. Maybe up your simple carbs in the afternoon. Also how is your workload in the afternoon? I find that if I'm not really busy I work a little slower to stretch the work out and I get that sluggish/tired feeling too since I'm bored. As soon as I leave work I'm good again.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    How much do you sleep at night?
  • krishnap1104
    krishnap1104 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sleep from 10pm-7am. I do wake up in the middle
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,478 Member
    Options
    I can't eat food high in calories at lunch, and that's mainly fatty food or lots of protein that digests a bit slower. I'm fine with quick carbs though. My main meal of the day is in the evening.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I take my lunch around 12:30 and once the click hits 3pm I am extremely tired, and cant focus on my work. Need help!

Eating a light lunch - or no lunch - might be helpful, as I personally found that heavier lunches tend to make me drowsy. If you do eat lunch, maybe try something like fruit or some nuts to hold you over. If you choose to skip lunch, try walking around outside, weather permitting, and get a change of scenery. I often run by Publix to grab a fruit salad for lunch, and half the reason I do so is because being outside a little bit does wonders for my focus and mood :smile:
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    If you can possibly take a break around 3 then maybe a quick 10 minute walk would help. I find that sitting all day makes me extremely tired. Which sucks because I have a desk job and some days I can get up and walk around and some days I can't. I also like to drink unsweetened tea. It gives me a little caffeine boost.
  • krishnap1104
    Options
    I would love to take a 10 minute break and walk but people at my work are too nosey and go straight to the manager when they see someone doing something like that.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    On your other thread it sounded like you'd found a solution:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/36311772/#Comment_36311772

Usually every day, I go on a walk during my lunch for 30 minutes and it is at a moderate pace. Today I had an Asian Sesame salad from Panera (half portion) and I feel pretty good! I think it has about 25g of protein.
  • krishnap1104
    Options
    I did! But it never hurts to seek more advice.
  • chiptease
    chiptease Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Take an activity break. Get up and stretch. If you're able to, perform simple at-desk workouts (planks, ab rotations in chair, squat & holds, etc.) If your building has stairs, walk up and down for 10 minutes.