how many calories for real for energy??

Options
cherriegh
cherriegh Posts: 196 Member
I have been eating 1350 cals some days way more but i make sure by end of week its 1350. I calculated my maintenance and website i used gave me 1257cals! I thought IMPOSSIBLE!!
Even at 1350 I'm always tired and not enough energy.

I do Stronglifts 3x a week and wanted to do maybe 1hr cardio weekly but i never have the energy so no cardio (dont like it anyways)

I'm 30, female, 5'2 and 135lbs and i want to lower my bf, last i measured was 27% tho i look smaller(skinny fat)

Are there any energy rich foods low in calories i can eat? I also have low calorie whey protein shake after workout but i always have to push and I'm not progressing strengthwise.

What can i do or eat?? Please help!

Replies

• hassankarimi82
    hassankarimi82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Losing body fat is a process of consistency, just like gaining muscle mass. Its a combination of elements. But to lose weight, you need to be in a deficit, so its irrelevant what you eat. You could eat junk food everyday provided you were in a deficit.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    For your stats I get 1550 kcal for maintenance, and that's for sedentary. 1257 is way too low.

Bear in mind that calories are a unit of energy, so low-calorie is the opposite of energy rich.

Maybe take a little diet break and eat at maintenance for a week? See if your energy level improves?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    cherriegh wrote: »
    Are there any energy rich foods low in calories i can eat?

^^^^ Does not compute! ^^^^

I calculated my maintenance and website i used gave me 1257cals! I thought IMPOSSIBLE!!

Would agree with that - are you sure that's your TDEE not your BMR?
    I just put your stats into a TDEE calculator and got 1754 cals.
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    That is your BMR
    *** Your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is an estimate of how many calories you'd burn if you were to do nothing but rest for 24 hours. It represents the minimum amount of energy needed to keep your body functioning, including breathing and keeping your heart beating.
    *** Your BMR does not include the calories you burn from normal daily activities or exercise.

Try here, and compare your BMR with your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
    http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/
  • cherriegh
    cherriegh Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thank you! this calculator gave me better calories for my activity level. :)
  • hassankarimi82
    hassankarimi82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    There is no formula for this. Online calculators, etc are only a guideline and to be honest, not accurate. You are unique. You have to figure out what works for you over a period of time and trial & error.