Zumba

Im a little sceptical about zumba does it really work thinkin bout going tomorrow to class before work

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    It is fun and gets you moving. What else do you want it to do?
  • jakkrk
    jakkrk Posts: 54 Member
    I personally have never done it but have seen results from people that have.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    I lost all of my weight initially through Zumba. I am also a Zumba instructor. Depending upon how much you put into the class you can burn upward of 800 calories (general estimate). It's fun and if you keep going to the same class you'll become familiar with the music and routines and the class becomes more of a community. Have fun!
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Zumba is a great workout. I go every Wednesday and I love it. Find a good instructor because, as with anything, some are great, and some are crap.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Zumba is fun. It's good for getting you to move and whatnot. It's also great for people who can't dance (like me). I've even done it at home using youtube and just looking for songs I like or liked in the zumba classes. I do agree, find a good instructor. A good instructor will give cues on the next moves so you can follow along almost seamlessly and not going a completely different direction than everyone else. They'll also tell you how to modify a move it's higher impact or harder to do.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    I used to love doing Zumba DVD's at home. I have never done a Zumba class but it looks like a lot of fun! Try adding some weight training on other days. Have fun!
  • ABailey308
    ABailey308 Posts: 5 Member
    So this has been my best decision by far im lovin it an i am noticing the difference