learning to love yourself

Options
Hi my name is Cristina. I have been using my fitnesspal for a 3 years now. During that time I have in total lost 50lbs. I still have a good amount of weight to lose. I have struggled with being overweight my whole life. Within the last few months I have really opened my eyes and have seen how negative i have treated my body over the years and how much I had put myself down. I am mentally and physically starting to feel pretty good about myself but i am still having issues viewing myself differently in the mirror and struggle to view myself in a positive manner. I would like to add some friends on here for support that are going through the same thing. Sometimes it feels like i am alone. Please feel free to add me!

Replies

• Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You're Not Alone, That's For Sure. So Glad To Hear Your Starting To Feel A Bit More Positive Now! Focus On Positive, Surround Yourself With Positive People, And You'll Stay That Way!
  • CristinaVonAlva13
    CristinaVonAlva13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! It feels better to talk about it because i feel like i have been struggling with this feeling for a while now and it feels good to know i am not alone.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I actually just posted about this in another discussion. I went through this last year and it was really eye-opening for me. Here is my other post:

I have been heavy and unhappy with my body since basically middle school. I have tried with some success and many failures to lose weight pretty much my entire adult life. Finally, last year at my heaviest weight ever, I forced myself to accept my body as it was. I was once again failing at losing weight but realized that hating my body wasn't doing me any good. It took a while, but I got to a point where I was at peace with my body at that size. This was around May/June. Since then, losing weight since starting (again) in November has been far easier and less stressful for me than ever before. While I still have a goal weight/size, I am not nearly so desperate to reach it as I was before. Now, any loss is a positive for me and I am generally happy or at least content with my body as is most days. I do still have days where I don't like what I see in the mirror or feel like the fat girl in the room, but my mindset has improved dramatically overall. It takes constant work.

Other people on here have suggesting focusing on individual body parts that you like instead of getting overwhelmed by the whole of your body that you aren't happy with. So look in the mirror and focus on the parts you like: your hair, eyes, lips, hands, shoulders, hips, etc.
  • CristinaVonAlva13
    CristinaVonAlva13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. Yeah i think focusing on a body part would be more helpful.