Eating when bored

Options
Does anyone have any tips on how to avoid eating when bored B)

Replies

• 4gotNcharlie
    4gotNcharlie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That is my largest problem with sticking to a food and exercise plan. Make a list of things you can do so that you aren't bored. Make a list of goals and work on obtaining those goals. Also, if bored you can always go work out. Good luck.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Get a hobby, you won't be bored and you'll keep your hands busy.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Listen to music and sing along, walk in place for a quick exercise, crossword puzzles with a cup of tea...
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I talk to myself while I do sudoku and drink coffee. Keeps me off the streets and out of the kitchen.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Do other stuff so that you aren't bored.

I'm up to my eyeballs in a university course. I'm working away and my stomach starts to hurt a bit ... I look at the clock and it has been hours since I've eaten ...

With that in mind, I've got to go make some toast now. :grin:
  • paganvegan
    paganvegan Posts: 34 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I usually keep water handy and drink it instead of snacking
  • aft85
    aft85 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Listen to music and sing along, walk in place for a quick exercise, crossword puzzles with a cup of tea...

2048! Holy god that puzzle game will steal your life!
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Ive been drinking chai tea with one half & half creamer & Splenda when I'm snacky. It's yummy & only has 10 cals from the creamer. It gives my hands something to do lifting the cup to my lips and fills my belly:)
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I've gotten in the habit of walking to Starbucks instead. Too expensive though. But it's hard because I check my phone when bored and this is my first stop
  • ksilletti246
    ksilletti246 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm starting law school soon so that'll be my distraction! Tea is a good idea, so is walking since the weather is going to be nice soon