Motivation, Support, Advice, Tips, Help Needed!

Alright friends, I need help. Today was a huge wakeup call. I had some testing done, and lets just say the results were not too good. I am 6’7” 370 lbs. I have been lifting a lot and putting on muscle, but that doesn’t give me a reason to eat so terribly. And the rest of the numbers from my testing are not so good. According to the doctors, I am borderline diabetic. I work out at least four times a week but not it is time to step it up. It is time to restart. Start all over with a complete lifestyle change. Starting now. My diet has not been the greatest lately and it has always been very inconsistent. I need to fix it now; especially why I am young. No more excuses. It is time to be healthier. I am a wreck right now. I am scared, confused, worried, frustrated, very disappointed, but I am motivated. I need to figure this out before it is too late. It is beyond the point of trying to look good. I am at the point where I want to live a longer, healthier life. I am mad that this is another thing to be stressed out about. I have never been so upset with myself. I have allowed my physical activity to be an excuse to eat whatever I want, and look where that has gotten me. No more of that. I am going to eat healthier, be more consistent, and step up my workouts. I need to get this under control.

Replies

• tuiccim
    tuiccim Posts: 689 Member
    And you will! You will kick that prediabetes in the face. I once read that food can either be the most deadly poison or the most efficient medicine and it is the truth!
  • mrsjones0704
    mrsjones0704 Posts: 10 Member
    It's VERY helpful to ask your doctor refer you to a dietician or nutritionalist regarding the diabetes. One guideline they go by (for diabetics) is: no more than 30g of carbs with each meal and 15g for snacks (3 meals and 2 snacks a day). Getting carbs under control can make a huge difference. Good luck!