Biggest Loser

Options
gadget4455
gadget4455 Posts: 22 Member
We have a gym where I work and they are sponsoring a biggest loser contest. We weighed in yesterday for week 5 of 12. I have lost almost 24 lbs! and I am currently in 1st place. The grand prize is a vacation! My wife has lost almost 18 lbs.
Is anyone else in a biggest loser contest? How are you doing?

Replies

• caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've done one in the past and it was great motivation!!
    Win that vacation!!
  • jennyi27
    jennyi27 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I participated in one at the beginning of the year, and I am in another one now. I won the first contest and got $150. I lost 40+ pounds in that competition. This second competition is a bit more challenging as my weight loss has slowed down some. The 2nd week of the competition I also gained weight, so that didn't help at all! Anyway, since then I have been maintaining a loss of about 2 pounds/week. I am currently in 7th place. I don't see myself winning the pot of money this time around, but at least the weekly weigh-ins help keep me accountable. Also, having the support of people at work has proven to be invaluable. I am going to keep doing these competitions though, because it has helped me develop healthier habits. I now exercise at least 3 times per week (whereas before I didn't exercise at all). I also am much more cognizant of what I eat (whereas before I ate whatever I could get my hands on lol).

Best of luck to you and your wife! I hope you win!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!