Happy relationship weight... gotta start over on loss

Options
Rapril2000
Rapril2000 Posts: 10 Member
edited May 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I was doing so well when I was single! I left my ex and for three years I was able to get down about 30 lbs (was still a good 30-40 overweight but still)... and then I met my now fiance..... AND I'VE BEEN PACKING ON THE POUNDS!!! Being happy relationship weight is the worst because you're so happy you don't even realize it's happening, nor do you really care at the time.

I got on the scale this morning and wanted to cry... so here I go!

I need support, and I need motivation. I keep trying to use my wedding photos as motivation but the wedding is two years away so OF COURSE I keep thinking I have plenty of time and give in on the sweet pastry sitting nearby.

My plan today is to start counting calories and to make it to my gym for 4:30 spin class!! I can do it!

Replies

• Colt45915
    Colt45915 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it. Just by dieting, and even if you just start walking 15-30 minutes a day, you'll be surprised!
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Aim for 30 pounds by Valentine's day, and already buy the lingerie!
  • Rapril2000
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thanks :) I'm starting today. I definitely want to do spin class. Walking or exercising by myself does nothing for me, and I get so bored... I have found in the past the group classes are the best for me to keep me motivated.

Elke I love your idea!!!! :) lol May have to do Christmas and buy a sexy Mrs. Claus dress hehe
  • Birdgirl2305
    Birdgirl2305 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Same thing happened to me...packed on about 30 pounds after I met my new guy. I'm down 25 since January. You can do this!
  • Rapril2000
    Options
    lol.. we've been together for almost a year and a half..... and all the weight seems to have been in just the last couple months since he proposed and we moved in together, which is weird to me. Changing his and his sons eating habits may prove to be hard... so that part will be extra work for sure.