Looking for buddies to go on this journey with.

Options
MrBigOunce
MrBigOunce Posts: 4 Member
edited May 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Whats up everyone. I'm new to this. I'm 6 feet tall 280 pounds looking for people to go on this journey with. I'm interested to see what you guys are eating and workouts you are doing. Feel free to add me I'm accepting all friend requests

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Start logging and eat at a deficit. Not required but I seem to lose faster when I run too. It helps if you approach this as a lifestyle change instead of a diet. You will need to control portions, quality of food and watch calories from here on out or you will be right back up to 280 and beyond. MFP really worked for me, this is the real deal.
  • MrBigOunce
    MrBigOunce Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    Start logging and eat at a deficit. Not required but I seem to lose faster when I run too. It helps if you approach this as a lifestyle change instead of a diet. You will need to control portions, quality of food and watch calories from here on out or you will be right back up to 280 and beyond. MFP really worked for me, this is the real deal.

Thanks fir the tips. I'll be walking at least 5 days a week. Im currently on a very low carb diet. Only carbs i really take in is my coffee that has low fat milk.
  • mharwell2229
    mharwell2229 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What rsclause is perfect advice. Running is a great way to cause a deficit in your diet. And maybe look into strength training/barbell training? There is a ton of information everywhere of the benefits. It's been proven that with resistance training it helps burn calories throughout your entire day rather than just when you exercise. I'm 6' 233lbs. Running will slim you down for sure but lifting weights will slim you down and keep your muscle.
  • viccovonvicco
    viccovonvicco Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just log all the food you eat and don't cheat :)
  • heatherkershaw8
    heatherkershaw8 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I need motivation I need to lose 2 stone
  • pcousins13Patricia
    pcousins13Patricia Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can add me. :)

I agree with mharwell2229! Weight training is the bomb! I've been weight training for about 6 weeks now and, although I gained at first, the weight is starting to come off now. And I'm starting to look toned! It's awesome!