Replies

• BrettPorrasElliott
    BrettPorrasElliott Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Nothing

You have been SO MUCH help...thank you

You asked the question what preworkout people used. I don't use one. I eat regular meals and snacks, nothing in particular preworkout.

Lol, I know buddy. No biggie:)
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    You posted publicly and then got upset when someone weighed in. My bad to at least two of you. Sharing an opinion is just that; it's not me trying to sway you or be unhelpful.
  • BrettPorrasElliott
    Options
    You posted publicly and then got upset when someone weighed in. My bad to at least two of you. Sharing an opinion is just that; it's not me trying to sway you or be unhelpful.

Waaaaaaat!?!?! Who got mad...I was actually extremely nice to you. Hmmm. K!!!!!!!!
  • MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    Options

Ripped Freak - my favourite - whenever I need that boost, this has me bouncing off the walls at the gym.
    Even on an empty stomach, I can get some padwork in, spar, lift weights, do a circuit AND do some steady jogging after that, just from one scoop.
    Wouldn't advise taking preworkouts for every session though, your tolerance will go up.

Coffee is also good:)

I was using ideal Lean but it was way to sweet and gave me the worst heartburn!!
    What do you use??

• BrettPorrasElliott
    Options
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    She didn't ask for opinions, sweetheart.

If I use one, I like Game Day by MAN Sports. The flavors are good but I have found it does not mix exceptionally well. That being said, I like it much better than C4 or some of the others I have tried in the past.

Lol...I really wasn't bothered by his opinion..idk what happened there?!?!
    Ah thanks,there are soooo many lol I'll just have to do the samples unroll I find one I guess:) thanks
  • BrettPorrasElliott
    Options

Ripped Freak - my favourite - whenever I need that boost, this has me bouncing off the walls at the gym.
    Even on an empty stomach, I can get some padwork in, spar, lift weights, do a circuit AND do some steady jogging after that, just from one scoop.
    Wouldn't advise taking preworkouts for every session though, your tolerance will go up.

Coffee is also good:)

I was using ideal Lean but it was way to sweet and gave me the worst heartburn!!
    What do you use??

Hahahaha omg..that sounds like heaven...I would actually have energy to clean my son's room!!!!! Haha jk!!! I've never hear of that!! I'm kinda new to it all so. Thank you!!!!
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy. You can use it as a pre-workout. I drink it during my workout. Per two scoops, 160mg of natural caffeine and 5g amino acids.
  • BrettPorrasElliott
    Options
    Thank you all so much:)
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

The thing is, she didn't ask for opinions. Snarky replies to supplement topics are just old, tired and unoriginal.
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I like ON Amino Energy as a mild preworkout. If I need a stronger one, the best one I've found is C4 but it isn't the best tasting. I wouldn't recommend the watermelon flavour. There is a strawberry one and a lemonade one that are decent.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I use ENGN. Just find something simple with creatine and caffeine (if you want the boost) and that tastes good. I like the cherry limeade. I want a mild boost not rage.
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I think those kinds of aids are just wrong. I have a hard time articulating why, but what's so wrong about doing what you can with what the good lord gave you? I see lifters all of the time refuse to wear gloves or shoes with much sole (like converse are okay, but running shoes are not). Maybe I'm missing the point of those things, but I thought the idea was to have as little between you and the weights as possible. Are pre-workouts not cheating? I personally don't dig pre-workouts or creatine or really anything beyond the occasional scoop of whey protein to help me meet my macros. Protein and eggs should be enough, IMO.

Lifters don't wear gloves or soft sole shoes because they take away from the lift. PWO can give you a bit of pickup to perform better.

I am having trouble under the cheating aspect here.

To stay on topic, I find C4 to be pretty mild, my be a good thing in the OPs case.
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    shor0814 wrote: »
    I think those kinds of aids are just wrong. I have a hard time articulating why, but what's so wrong about doing what you can with what the good lord gave you? I see lifters all of the time refuse to wear gloves or shoes with much sole (like converse are okay, but running shoes are not). Maybe I'm missing the point of those things, but I thought the idea was to have as little between you and the weights as possible. Are pre-workouts not cheating? I personally don't dig pre-workouts or creatine or really anything beyond the occasional scoop of whey protein to help me meet my macros. Protein and eggs should be enough, IMO.

Lifters don't wear gloves or soft sole shoes because they take away from the lift. PWO can give you a bit of pickup to perform better.

I am having trouble under the cheating aspect here.

To stay on topic, I find C4 to be pretty mild, my be a good thing in the OPs case.

I have to use 2 scoops to make the C4 worth my while
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I don't do an actual "preworkout" but I like coffee or a squeeze of mio energy in water if I need a little boost.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Nothing- or coffee.

Most people need honestly don't need a pre-workout.
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    C4 is good, and is relatively cheap. I've heard great things about Pre-Jym as well. Currently getting ready to try Athlean X's new PWO after seeing good reviews. It has tons of Beta-Alanine but also some Niacin, so if you don't like the jitters this one probably isn't for you!

For me PWO is all about the routine. It helps get me in the right mindset. Sometimes when I'm stalling, I drink the PWO as a way to committing myself to get moving "within the window."
  • MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    Options

I like that tingly, ants crawling under your skin feeling.
    C4 is good, and is relatively cheap. I've heard great things about Pre-Jym as well. Currently getting ready to try Athlean X's new PWO after seeing good reviews. It has tons of Beta-Alanine but also some Niacin, so if you don't like the jitters this one probably isn't for you!

For me PWO is all about the routine. It helps get me in the right mindset. Sometimes when I'm stalling, I drink the PWO as a way to committing myself to get moving "within the window."