Girl Scout Cookies

Options
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! So I am the cookie Mom for my daughter's troop and I have like 36 cases of cookies tempting me. I know if I eat a few in moderation I wont die but I looked at the calories of all the cookies and they are awful. For like 2 cookies most at 150 or more calories. Anyway just thought I'd share.

Replies

• thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! So I am the cookie Mom for my daughter's troop and I have like 36 cases of cookies tempting me. I know if I eat a few in moderation I wont die but I looked at the calories of all the cookies and they are awful. For like 2 cookies most at 150 or more calories. Anyway just thought I'd share.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Yup I bought some but are not here yet. But you know 150 is not that bad for a small treat snack.
    Good luck with the willpower:laugh:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time I'd sit down and eat an entire roll of the shortbread cookies for a snack, or an entire box of the Samoas/Caramel delights!

Ignorance was definitely NOT bliss for my body! :laugh:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I bought my husband a box of the peanut butter chocolate ones...he ate the whole box! I was disgusted with him for doing that. There is soooo much saturated fat, and they taste like it too. Over this "dieting" I really don't like foods that taste like that..I can't believe he ate the whole box! And he says he's doing well on his diet to anyone he talks to about it:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: Oh, and he goes to the gym now once a week and proclaims himself a gym rat. I guess this is turning into a whole other issue...:mad: :mad: :mad:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Girl Scout Cookies are the devil...yup..that's all I'm saying!:devil:
  • bethany169
    Options
    Make sure they are out of sight!! Otherwise, they will sit there calling your name :) I would spend as little time in the same house with those cookies as possible--grab the kids and go for a walk, that way you're burning calories AND defeating temptation :)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I always wondered why those girl scouts were snickering as they walked away from my door with an order for 3 boxes of each and an extra box of THIN MINTS PLEASE!

150 cals for two? my goodness...I had a month of calories in one sitting with those babies.

Thanks for the warning.
    have a great day and get sweaty twice.

Dave:smile:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Make sure they are out of sight!! Otherwise, they will sit there calling your name :) I would spend as little time in the same house with those cookies as possible--grab the kids and go for a walk, that way you're burning calories AND defeating temptation :)

That's gonna be hard for her to do, seeing as she's the cookie mom and all :wink:

I was the cookie mom one year- and while I personally didn't eat THAT MANY cases (just the one's we'd bought) My kids took a bunch without permission and I think I ended up paying for about 25 boxes when all was through (the cookies were in my house for close to 2 months, I had 4 kids between the ages of 8 and 12 at the time - who were ALWAYS hungry, even after eating a huge meal!) :laugh:

I never volunteered myself for that again.... it cost too much! :tongue:
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    RUN... RUN .....RUN .....RUN as fast and as far away from them as you can:laugh: I love the caramel delights and the thin mints. I was thankful last year that we got forgotten by the girl that usually hits us and now that you brought this up I think I may buy some and then give them away as a gift cause we don't need them in this house.:flowerforyou:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time I'd sit down and eat an entire roll of the shortbread cookies for a snack, or an entire box of the Samoas/Caramel delights!

I have been known to put away a whole box of Samoas (in one sitting) :laugh:
  • abillings9
    Options
    Yeah, first time ever this year I have a girl on my street selling them. I ordered 5 boxes. :embarassed: Oh but I love me some thin mints! I'm just going to have to really watch how much of them I eat.
  • amycakes812
    Options
    My daughter's troop just started their cookie sale. I STILL have 6 boxes or so sitting around from last year! As long as I don't open them, I feel no temptaion, but put an open box of Samoas or Thin Mints in front of me and I am done! I think I finished an entire box of Samoas in 30 minutes flat last year. The remaining box is tucked safely in the back of my freezer. *sigh* I will probably still have to order a few boxes to be a good mom.
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm...thin mints in the freezer are the best. I didn't buy any cookies this year.
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    mmm thin mints in the freezer now that box i can eat there just so addicting.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options

I resemble that remark LOL! OMG they are evil! :devil:

Amy

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • ICanDEWit
    Options
    I feel your pain. My sister, is the cookie mom for my nieces' troop this year. I didn't pre-order any cookies, but when they come in... well, I guess I'll see if I break down and buy some or not. I usually buy some for Project Thin Mint (to send to the Troops), but otherwise I figure it's more beneficial to just give my nieces some money to go toward the trip their troop is going on.

I think the Girl Scouts is a lovely organization; however, I think it's terrible that for a $3.50 box of cookies that only .50 cents goes to the girl scouts.

I haven't been eating refined sugars, so hopefully I'll have my sugar cravings under control by the time the cookies actually arrive.

Good luck to you.
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Yeah those were my weakness last year and I have the evidence to prove it. I was pregnant and thought that I could eat what ever I wanted and as much as I wanted. Well I really knew better than that but that was what I told myself. Anyway I would eat a whole box in one sitting. In total I think I ate about 10 boxes of tagalongs and 3 boxes of thin mints. I have done good so far. I am only eating the suggested serving size and I am adding the calories into my daily limit. So I feel like I am doing good.
  • cab2424
    cab2424 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I refuse to allow these in my house this year!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    My girls are in GS and just selling them now. I almost feel guilty selling them because I know how unhealthy they are but they do make a lot of money from them for their troops!!! :huh: Last year both of my dd's sold over 100 boxes! (oh yeah, that means *I* have to deliver them! :grumble: :grumble: )

RESIST them!!!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I will take all your Samoas off your hands!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: