Day 1

Options
Rach0792
Rach0792 Posts: 44 Member
So I used mfp over a year ago before I was pregnant and lost about 1st, had my baby 10 weeks ago so now I want to try and loose weight again. My goal is 1500 calories a day and Ive been fine during the day but it's now 9:45pm and I am starving but only have about 100 calories left :(

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    The first days are always the toughest. You focus so much on food all day it's all you can think about. If you have about 100 calories left, get the biggest bang for your buck, so to speak. Are you super hungry or craving a certain thing? If you need volume raw or steamed veggies have the volume you need. A halfway point is some fruit, most servings will be a little above or below 100. If you have a particular craving, find a way to get that taste but measure it out to what you have left.

Drink lots of water! Maybe some flavored tea?
  • Rach0792
    Options
    I'm not really craving anything just hungry. I've got a pint of water to drink and will be having a peppermint and liquorice tea before bed. It's just hard finding something that is filling that is only 100 calories or less.
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Are you breastfeeding? If so, adjust your calories appropriately. You'll need about 500 more a day (net) to maintain your milk supply.
    When my baby was about 12 weeks I started with Weight Watchers and used all the extra points they gave me- and lost it fast!
    If you are part-time breastfeeding (supplementing with formula), then I believe the amount is 300 extra cals a day. Another thing I did when I started supplementing (and again, still lost the baby weight fast while enjoying the extra points/calories).

If you aren't breastfeeding- then disregard this and I find volumizing things helps - like a bigger salad with dinner or some sugar-free low cal jello with fat free cool whip- or any of the Hungry Girl recipes out there. Finding ways to get more bang for your calories really helps!
  • fitdaisygrrl
    fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    PS- take it one day at a time and be gentle on yourself and your weight loss expectations- your little one is only 10 weeks old and try to focus on getting sleep and making healthy choices :)
  • Rach0792
    Options
    Unfortunately I had to give up breastfeeding for medical reasons. I have planned my 3 meals a day and left some calories over for snacks but it's hard finding filling snacks that are healthy.
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I eat 1500-1600 most days and it definitely took some experimenting to figure out the times of day I need to eat, and the particular foods that make me feel full.

Check out my diary if you'd like.

I like turkey pepperettes, amooza cheese strings, Greek yogurt, kashi bars... all are really great snacks.

Try having a small treat with a low calorie coffee. I find that combination to be really satisfying.

Don't be afraid to play around with meal size and frequency! Everyone is different :).
  • faithsstaircase
    faithsstaircase Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I like to drink a protein shake around 7:30 in the evening. Keeps me full until I go to bed!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
    Exercise will add to your allotted calories. Also look through your food for any that are calorically dense that may be burning through your calorie allotment.
    Lastly make sure your consuming enough water.
  • BadAssAries
    BadAssAries Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I really love the apple, almond, tea snack combo. A small Apple (75 calories), about 7-8 almonds (about 50 calories) & your favorite green tea (0 calories). It's a bit over the 100 calorie mark but is so satisfying & good for you
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Rach0792 wrote: »
    I'm not really craving anything just hungry. I've got a pint of water to drink and will be having a peppermint and liquorice tea before bed. It's just hard finding something that is filling that is only 100 calories or less.

I keep carrot sticks in the fridge to snack on in between meals. You could also eat an apple, banana, grapes, cherries. Nuts are also a good snack. I eat about an ounce per day. All of those are filling. Just be sure to measure/weigh and track it. If you go over then you go over. You are just starting out so over time you will realize what foods to eat with the bigger meals that will keep you full longer and what snacks are best.