ab workout; how many days a week

Options
I have recently been getting my calorie count in check and also running 3/4 times a week...I was wondering how many days a week should I work in ab workouts to see some results will dropping lbs? any suggestions or successful tips will be appreciated

Replies

• Sassie_Lassie
    Sassie_Lassie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You are going to get answers that say "abs are made in the kitchen!" or "Calorie Deficit!" however abdominal work is important because your abs are your core and they support your back, help you get out of a chair, sit up in bed etc. so there's no reason why you shouldn't work them.

With that said, I personally do isolation ab exercises every other day (on the "other" day I do legs) and I do different exercises on ab day to mix it up. The cardio that I do 4 days a week incorporates a lot of core work as well but for isolation I specifically work my abs 2 - 3 days a week.
  • NewHealthyBug
    NewHealthyBug Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do abs workout 2 days on Tuesdays and Fridays. 3 days of cardio and 2 days weights that my week.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,685 Member
    Options
    Train them specifically 1 time a week. The rest is done with compound exercises and kickboxing.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png