Just not feeling it these days Motivation

Options
What do you do when you've been lacking motivation for a month havent gained really haven't lost and its def. me not a plateau. How to re-motivate myself when my family used to be so supportive but think i've lost enough. tips ideas what worked for you to get back on track

6148478.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    look at old pics of urself; look at the success stories section of mfp... think of how far youve come... think of how much work youve put in...
  • jhoney8
    jhoney8 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have lost much of my motivation too. I don't know if it is the weather or what, but I have no interest in exercising. At all. Maybe you need a workout buddy? I think that would help.
  • CrissyRose
    Options
    I know for me [even though I have really just started keeping track and pushing myself] I set smaller goals with in my large one and work to that.

This keeps it so it isn't as intimidating as losing forty pounds but instead you're focused on five. Once you shed those five pounds and see you only have thirty five pounds left to lose it can be pretty motivational.

Even on a tight budget I also reward myself every now and then. I'm not going out and buying a whole new wardrobe but just going and spending some time picking out a shirt that I like and knowing that it looks good on me right now because of something that I've been doing. That way, each time I wear the shirt [or whatever it may be] it is a little reminder of what I have ll ready accomplished.

If I have done that all ready what is to stop me from accomplishing the rest of it?

I know one of the things that is also helpful in motivating me is sharing my weight with someone. Telling them what I weigh how much I want to weigh and so on.This is something I do with my sister actually, and then when we have lost another pound we tell the other because we are both working on this and we want each other to succeed, it is a wonderful motivation and there is something more encouraging about it when it is face to face as well.

-CrissyRose
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    the prob. is i have already lost 41lbs 5ft 3 SW:182 CW:141 (i am at a healthy bmi) GW: 125(115) but everyone keeps telling me youve already lost so much dont lose anymore and i think its messing with my head talking to other ppl about my goal weights :/
  • CrissyRose
    Options
    If you can, try going to talk to a nutritionist. They can help you see where it is you're at and if you should continue losing weight or not.

That is what they are there for, to help people get healthy and feel good about themselves. They want to help you, so if you can it's worth a shot going to one.

After all you can take their advice or leave it.

-CrissyRose
  • aokare
    aokare Posts: 1
    Options
    Long before I hit my goal weight, I started to get flack from people as well to the point that I was asked by a couple of my coworkers if I had cancer or was depressed and on countless occasions accusing me of anorexia. People will always encourage you to stop on the path to being what you want to be because they can't bring themselves to do the same thing.

Your goal weight is exactly that, YOURS! When you reach it you'll feel strong and proud that you ignored the voices in your ear and fought past them. Every day that refuse to listen to the background noise of people around you is a day that you will be able to look yourself in the mirror before you fall asleep and be proud.

If you're having issues with self motivation, just remember that you can always change your goals but every time you take a step closer to your goal weight the pride in yourself will continue to grow and show through.
  • kbeach08
    kbeach08 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    OMG It is like me typing this blog... I am also five three started at 176lbs after I had my daughter, goal weight is 125, and I am at 142.2lbs right now (just on the cusp of being healthy). Lately I just have lost the motivation to work out as well. I was doing my 30 challenge on my wii but when I went on vacation a month ago I haven't really had the go gettem' to do it any more. :( I still try to keep myself pretty active with my daughter but not getting my workouts in. :( I think it would be helpful if I had a fitness buddy closer to home, someone to go to Zumba with or to go to a gym with. I am also with you on the everyone saying you have lost enough... Everyone I am surrounded by on a daily basis says the same thing about me.
  • Aviadele
    Aviadele Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi! I am new to the site so I really don't know if I am one to be posting here or not...excuse me if I am out of line...
    When I lose my motivation, and it happens somewhat frequently for me, I find something else to do that will still take me to my goal. For example, if I can't find the motivation to get in any exercise - I change my exercise up. I alternate between yoga, bicycling, and acrobatics. If I can't find the motivation to make good food choices, I change up my menu plans for the week and try new recipes or have my husband do the grocery shopping. Sometimes, I just don't have any motivation for anything: work, play, goals or plans. I take it as a sign that I need a mini break, maybe catch up on some sleep, read a book I've been putting off or pick up my cross stitch again. I hope I was helpful...