Im in pain

Options
I have been working out for one week every day. just abs and walking but for two days my pain in my legs is horrible. I have fibromyalgia...can anyone suggest how to lose weight and tone quickly without putting myself through this amount of pain. I can't use the stairs without kringing.

Replies

• Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    You are going to have to do baby steps. I would ask your doctor what you can start doing and what pain meds you might be able to use like gabaperntin or lyrica.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Swimming? Much less stressful on your joints. I've suffered with fibromyalgia since 1998 so I feel your pain.
  • yhojanatl
    yhojanatl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thank you i will try.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    In addition to swimming, maybe look for a yoga or Tai Chi class geared towards people with chronic pain. I took a Tai Chi class for arthritis and chronic pain a few years back and it helped tremendously with the pain. And it's extremely low impact
  • iluvnufoods
    iluvnufoods Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You have to take it slowly. Short walks daily unless you're in a flare. For strength training it's best to do low weight and high reps, maybe two sets of an exercise, only twice a week at first. Very slowly add in more. Yoga is also wonderful to practice when the pain is low.

Add me! I've been dealing with fibromyalgia for nearly 20 years.
  • yhojanatl
    yhojanatl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thank you guys. I'm giving zumba a shot since i love to dance...but i might give yoga a chance.