Ditching WeightWatchers for this!

Options
joby777
joby777 Posts: 3 Member
Hi all, I'm Jo. I'm 34 and from UK. No kids! One cat! Crazy cat lady... Oh, I'm new to My Fitness Pal!

I was doing WeightWatchers, but couldn't get to grips with the new points system. Now looking to do something that actually works for me.

I'm a big veg eater (that means chips, crisps and alcohol too! EEkkkk) but I do eat chicken and turkey as well.

My main problem is bread and booze.

Anyway, that's me. Looking forward to the journey and getting to know you.

Jo

Replies

• vegangela_
    vegangela_ Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi! Once you start adding up the calories in a few drinks it's a bit depressing haha. I hardly ever drink now.
  • kmoser83
    kmoser83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I left WW for here too. Just didn't work with my schedule
  • smallwiseone
    smallwiseone Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Agreed with vegangela_. Once I saw how many calories were in booze my intake went down quickly.
  • joby777
    joby777 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I normally have vodka - but have recently been having wine. Bad move. Loads more calories. Going to have to track everything. EVERYTHING!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Track everything. EVERYTHING. Have a scale? Use it. Don't have a digital kitchen scale? Get one. And spare batteries. Once you start seeing how alcohol, chips and crisps along with good food combine to cause weight gain, you'll have to make some decisions about what your priorities really are.
  • mdog449
    mdog449 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! It's nice to see another WW convert. I had a lot of success with them on the old PP+ system, but really did not like the new Smart Points. I've used MyFitnessPal off and on... my lack of big success is really my own fault for not sticking with it. I found in the past on WW that the community boards were really crucial to keeping me accountable, so hopefully the same will be true here! Good luck to you!
  • mdog449
    mdog449 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    joby777 wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I normally have vodka - but have recently been having wine. Bad move. Loads more calories. Going to have to track everything. EVERYTHING!

I, too, am a wine lover! I think that's the biggest reason for my recent weight gain! Need to just cut it out cold turkey.