No loss :(

Options
hattycat8
hattycat8 Posts: 3 Member
So guys. I have kept to 1500 a day. I do 7 hours yoga a week and am very active generally. I started at 9.5. Everyday I complete diary and its says in 5wks u will be 8.12. Or 9. Or 8.11. But 5 weeks on. I have loss 1LB. So 9,4. Jesus. What do I have to do. Feeling fed up. Help.

Replies

• EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    When you add an entry from the food database, if it is the first time adding the food to your diary do you check the nutrition data against the label on the food item? A lot of the database entries are user submitted and may have incorrect data due to keying errors.

I often create my owns food entries under the My Foods tab and leave them set to private. I know they are accurate then. I set the serving size in either grams or ounces whichever is listed on the package.

Do you have a digital food scale and weigh all your food? If you use a measuring cup like 1/2 cup serving you are most likely getting more calories than you think.
  • jringer1
    jringer1 Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    So if a package says 4oz that is weight not, liquid or a measuring cup right? I never thought about that I have been measuring wrong! Holy cow!!
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it has everything to do with how you're logging your food. Do you weight your food or just guesstimate or go off of the packaging. The packaging itself can be incorrect as manufacturers are allowed to be a few grams off on the weight, up or down. If you're not losing weight, you are either eating more than you think you are, or the calorie content is different than what you are logging, you're overestimating the caloric burn from any exercise you are doing, or you're setting your base activitly level too high. It's going to be one of those things.
  • hattycat8
    Options
    I'll take a look. I thought I was being quite accurate and worked out amounts from packaging etc and generic cals burned for my yoga and spin classes. I am definitely eating much less and not snacking at night at all so hoped bit more loss. I only need to lose 6LBs and would be described slim now really so think this may be hardest bit to shift. Thanks for reply. x
  • hattycat8
    Options

I'll take another look at portion sizes. Thanks guys.