any sugar addicts out there?

Options
I have been using this site for 4months or so. I have lost 12 lbs. But what I am finding is that I am stuggling with sugar and all these "no Sugar" treats. Anyone else out there having this problem?

Replies

• sunsnowlover
    sunsnowlover Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been using berries as a sweet ending to my meals. I've also found special k 90 calorie bars are pretty good especially the choclatey pretzel. I still have cheat days no more than once per week, but these get me through the other days.
  • ruchilady
    ruchilady Posts: 8
    Options
    Yup...I'm addicted to sugar :( I try not to go with any of the fake stuff though - because my body does not like it. Although Truvia is not bad because it is natural. I've even cooked and baked with it and everything turns out great :)

I prefer real sugar and so I would rather go with a tablespoon of hagaan dazs full-bodied ice cream as opposed to a pint of the sugar-free stuff :) I have yet to find ice cream made with truvia
  • sharisoto
    sharisoto Posts: 7
    Options
    I just started too! I am a major addict! I am trying to eat a little bit every day or I will find myself in the pantry with an empty box of chips ahoy!:) good luck. I like fiberone bars and they are sweet and chocolately too!
  • mrsblake001
    Options
    I am a sugar addict as well and what I have found is that Equal satisfies my "sweet tooth" and if I can't have that I will have a gingerale which is only 100 calories and that would be considered one my snack's/ Kelloggs has a delicious line of 100 calorie or less snacks and you can also get the Nabisco snack packs that offer chips a hoy etc. Hope this helps and good luck!!
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    it's tough but i have found that being really strict with myself for a couple of days as in no processed food or refined carbs and the cravings just disappear. its just a matter of getting out of the insulin spike cycle. and if i get tempted, its a couple of glasses of water and a bit of the darkest chocolate i can get my hands on...usually does the trick :smile: