No loss, but things look better?

Options
mzbek24
mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
edited May 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I've been back on the wagon with exercise for two weeks, eating 1600cal, lifting 3x a week and running or walking a few other days, and my body seems to be looking better, but my scales have literally only gone down 0.2kg. I weigh and measure all of my food and use a heart rate monitor for exercise. It's a bit de-motivating, but not-I don't know if im just imagining it looks better.
Why could this be happening?

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    There are a variety of reasons that could happen, just keep doing what you are doing.

I lost from 225lb to 155lb and then started lifting. In the last six months, I have gained to 164lbs, but I was able to wear a pair of pants last week (juniors size 11) that I hadn't fit into since before my 22 year old was born.

As long as my size 10s keep fitting well, I ignore the scale.
  • LaMartian
    LaMartian Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Because muscle is more dense than fat. Don't be focused on weight. Be focused on body fat percentage. As you've noticed, THAT is what matters.
  • mrp56839
    mrp56839 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    That's where I'm at as well. Been hanging out around 185 for over a month strength training 2x/week and in that month, I've just become more compact - my pants size has gone down again and my arms are looking more defined. I'd like to lose another 15-20lbs, but I am trying to remind myself that it's just a number. I feel good, I am more fit (I just trimmed another 20 seconds off my 1000m row this week!), and my appearance reflects the work I'm putting in. It's tough, but hang in there with me!